Friday, January 15, 2010

33 weeks today

OK, while I'm waiting for DH to pick up our rental car so we can go check things out, here's the crummy pre-shower 33 week belly shot from today.

Squirmy is wiggling away as usual, and was really wild yesterday. Even this morning, when I finally got to sleep in, DH's alarm went off at 8am and I laid there feeling her poking away at the left side of my belly for a good 10min before I drifted off again. She gets hiccups frequently now, and I'd really love to know how she can possibly be head down and yet waving what I think have to be feet simultaneously in the upper left and upper right sides of my belly. Is it weird that I love the feeling of little limbs moving along in there? I mean not just a poke or tap, but feeling the whole thing move across under my hand while I've got a hand resting on the top of my belly.

My uterus was more irritable/active than usual last night again, freaking me out slightly that she's not going to last in there for too much longer. Nothing usually lasted more than 30-40s, but they were coming quite frequently there for a while. I drank lots of water, laid down for a while, and went to bed early. Seems to be much better this morning. But last night when I popped in the progesterone (that I'm still "illegally" taking) suppositories, my cervix was still feeling very soft and wide, and I swear the external os is slowly getting slightly bigger. It's not a fingertip open yet, but is certainly a little wider than it was the last time extra tightenings freaked me out and I just had to check it.

We're going to pick up our Up.paBaby stroller tonight or tomorrow. I hope the 2010 model is all that it's cracked up to be, since it will be my biggest baby purchase $-wise. Thankfully my parents have bought all the big items (car seat, crib, mattress, stroller), since the house and reno and other stuff has now just put us into major debt.

It's too bad one of the private dental patients who paid me by cheque on Tuesday had their cheque bounce today - if I don't manage to chase down my fee for that at some point (and I've no idea how that would go), that'll be another fairly significant fee that I'll be missing. And with the days that I'm having to take off work for the darn doctors appointments, and all the days that I'd missed while home on couch arrest, my income is really not where I hoped it would be at this point in the pregnancy. I'd thought I'd have 7-8 months of really strong income in the bank before going on mat leave, but that's just not going to happen. Sigh. I wonder if I can hire a collection agency to go after whichever patient that was? I'll find out who screwed me over tomorrow, and have asked my more experienced colleagues for advice. Hope they have some good ideas!

4 comments:

MMC said...

I know it's easier said than done, but I don't think you should let the uterus activity freak you out too much anymore. For one thing, wow... 33 weeks! (Woohoo!). For another, your body's clearly proven itself to be a match for these obstacles. Just keep doing what you're doing and you'll be fine. :)

It's very exciting to be picking up the stroller. I'm probably getting mine in a few days, too. My mum shipped it over from the UK and it's supposed to arrive any day. I can hardly wait. It'll be the first big baby thing to enter the house!

Anonymous said...

Yay for the closing!!!! I hope you love, love, love the stroller - and hope to see a picture!

Eileen said...

You look AMAZING for 33 weeks girl! WOW!!! Post pics of this fancy stroller. I want to see!

Jill M. said...

What a cute growing belly!!! I think you're going to totally escape stretch marks, lucky girl!