When I got ready for bed last night and took off my underwear, I noticed a light brown patch in the middle of the pantiliner. And a teeny tiny bit when I went back and wiped. I wasn't having any more than the usual tightenings yesterday, no bright red, baby moving fine. Since my next appointment is tomorrow, I decided to see how things went and wait till then to mention it.
This morning, the kid was a little sleepy and not moving much, so I popped over to L&D before starting my list for the day for a little reassurance. Didn't see anything obvious on my quickie self-ultrasound. Heart's still beating, and she was wiggling a little bit. Not much, but maybe I was right about the sleeping part. She has since done a little more moving, and I'm hoping I'll get a few good kicks later on to further reassure me.
I wonder what it was - most like something to do with vascular cervix and the fact that I strained a little for a bowel movement earlier in the day. At least I sure hope that's all it was.
DH and I will be continuing to pray that all goes well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Scary! I will pray that you won't see any more of your spotting and your baby stays nice and cozy in there.
Thinking of you! Hoping the spotting is just what you thought it was!
I bet it is just from the BM.
Have sex lately? Could be from that as well.
-Chris
Hmm. My understanding has always been that small amounts of brown blood is almost never a problem. That it's old blood, possibly from movement of the placenta at some point(slightly pulling away from the uterus) etc, and that it can seep through the cervix at a certain point in the pregnancy.
I was under the impression the only bleeding to worry about was abundant red blood. (That's what my doctor said when I had a small bit of brown spotting one day in my 2nd trimester, anyway.)
Fingers crossed for you! But don't worry too much... I really think it's okay.
UGH. I'm sure its nothing but the worry that follows sucks. Thinking of you!
I hope it is nothing - but why oh why must you have to deal with this nonsense...
Thanks for the reassurance all - nothing further today.
Chris - you're funny! I haven't had sex since March. Pathetic, eh? Too busy and stressed and tired with exams and IVF cycles, and then pelvic rest first trimester, and just when I was thinking of going for it again, I started having the tightenings and was told that it was not to happen!
Wow - same thing happened to me yesterday although I think I saw more brown spotting than you did. I went to triage to get things checked out and both babies were moving like crazy so I was reassured. Funny your comment about sex - I'm 29w3d and it has been 29w3d since we've had sex!!! Although scary to see the brown spotting, it doesn't seem to fall into the category of things that mean something is wrong so just take it easy and rest, even if it's only for a day. My doctor advised me to stop working and not bedrest but rest more.
Oh I hate spot!!! Go away spot! You are just so lucky to be able to u/s yourself! I would so own an u/s machine if I could afford one. Sounds like it was just a little brown spot and I'm sure you'll be perfectly fine. But sorry about the scare.
Post a Comment