Saturday, May 1, 2010

Things are ok

Shockingly, DH himself suggested my mother extend her visit till tomorrow. This is unheard of, since he normally tries to avoid visiting wth her. She's been well-behaved, loving her cuddle times with K, and giving me the chance to have a nap here and there. Or work a bit around the house. And yesterday at the doctor's appoinment, she went with us but asked if she should stay outside and wait for us.
K weighted in at 3635g, or 8lb, so she's continuing to gain slowly. Even my mother, who I thought for sure would be forcing formula on me, agrees that maybe she's just skinny, since she's so alert and active and happy otherwise. I was shocked.
And that's about all the news around here. Less than 2 weeks till K gets to meet her relatives in Germany and Switzerland. Hope we survive the plane ride!

6 comments:

Karen said...

As long as she continues to grow,even if slowly and she is happy and alert(and that pic certainly verifies that!One of these days she'll have a growth spurt and you'll be in otal shock.....lol...blessings

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that things are going well and that mom is proving herself to be useful! Wow, good luck with that trip! Did you get baby a seat or a bassinet? How long will you be gone?

K said...

I guess our perspectives of our parents change once we have kids maybe? An extra set of hands is certainly helpful. My, she's been there a while though! glad to hear little K is doing wonderful!

Kate said...

She's going on my lap and with luck we'll have a bulkhead seat with bassinet. It's a two-week visit to our families. Hope I survive the train ride alone with her - I'm mostly worried about managing suitase + stroller on my own.

Karen said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog and I can wait a little longer I guess.....but after two years of just TRYING I'm jus slightl impatient!....lol

Jules a.k.a. Julie said...

Glad things are ok! You'll do fine on the plane and the bulkhead w/ bassinet seats are awesome! We had that when we traveled home from Korea with my son at 7 months. While we was too big for the bassinet at that point, it was awesome for handy storage. :-) Happy travels!