We're taking K on her first plane trip today, and hope she'll behave!
DH ended up making me a lovely Mother's day card on his computer and said he'd send me for a good massage as a present. I'm ok with that! I just ordered a bunch of grill accessories for his new grill for father's day so I could have that covered already.
K gave me a nice present for Mother's day too: she spent Sun night entirely in her bassinet after I read a scary blog pot about a baby being smothered while cosleeping and skimming a babyw.hisperer book. Of course then on Mon I tried to gey her napping in it too without success and she woke up quickly in it at the start of the night, so I gave up till after vacation. Hopefully now that she's found her hands (is sucking on thumb/fingers/fist now), she'll quickly get better at self-soothing and will go down more easily. It's so cute to see her with her little thumb stuck in there, though I'm sure I won't say that if she's still doing it in 2 years!
We went to the consulate today to get her German passport and were also able to order a German birth certificate for her (DH is German), though the passport will take a couple months and the birth certificate a couple years to arrive. Since we've already got the Canadian passport in hand, that doesn't matter though, but it will be nice for her to have both. The photo in the Canadian one (taken at 1-2 weeks old) is way cuter than this photo where she has better head control but has a stupid expression on her face, with her mouth slightly open and tongue partly out. I'll have to show it at her wedding, because it really is an awful shot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Have a terrific vacation!! I'm sure she'll be great on the plane, she has her Mummy there. :D
Have a great vacation! Hope the little ones behaves. When you get back, you'll have to share any tips you figure out on how best to fly with such a little one. We're going on a trip in July and I want to be prepared. Have fun!
Have fun! We laugh our butts off at some of the photos, imagining showing them to boyfriends and girlfriends! I wish I was recording Spice right now - he is grunting, pooping and farting in his swing with his hand up like he is riding a mechanical bull!
Hope you have just a wonderful vacation!
folks who travel with little little ones often have the best time ever.
I sure hope you do!
XOX
kate
I had never thought about baby passport photos before! By the time you go on your next trip she's going to look so different.
I hope the plane ride goes well too! Good luck traveling, you are so much braver than me!
Post a Comment