Thirsti.es DuoW.raps: Love them. Very flexible with fit with snaps to adjust the rise and velcro you can even overlap to size for the littlest waist. The white inner leghole rims do get poop on them occasionally, but shout seems to get it out again. If that doesn't happen, you can wipe the inside clean for the next diaper. We've got 5 to keep in roatation, though a friend did it with 3.
If you're interested in how we organized the air travel:
We didn't book her a seat since I didn't want her sitting in her car seat for 6 hours+ and didn't want to lug her car seat through the airport. She rode in a sling, though I wasn't allowed to have her in it for takeoff or landing.
I packed both our things in one medium suitcase. Only toy I packed at 2 mo was a duckie puppet washcloth.
Diaper bag: 3 diapers with lots more in my carry-on backpack. Baggie with 10 or so wipes in it. 3 changes of clothing just in case. I had a thicker sleeper in there too in case it got cold in the plane (it did) and put it on as a second layer. Soother (never use it except in confined public places). Blankie. Little pump cooler case with some EBM in it. UdderCover to throw over me when pumping (totally couldn't hear the pump noise over the aird=craft noise, which was great. Ziplocs for dirty clothes/diapers. Cloth for spitups.
Toys: didn't need much at this age, plus we flew at night. She had fun staring at the lights and watching life pass by. I could see packing a couple of small portable toys to keep her entertained.
BF: Apparently I don't have any hangups about doing this in public. Never thought I'd feed her in the same room as my brother or Dad, but I have. Pumping I prefer to do only in front of DH or my mom. I had the window seat, which protected her head from the trolley and people's bags and gave me more privacy when latching her on, especially if DH leaned forward a little.
Stroller: We checked our car seat and UppaB.aby stroller base. Our airline only allows you to gate check an umbrella stroller that collapses to under 10" diameter. Anything bigger is a piece of luggage. We'll travel like this while she's in the infant car seat, but will get an umbrella stroller when she outgrows it.
The first night went well, and she slept and fed as usual. I was harder for DH to rouse than usual, and this AM he found Kara lying on her own in the middle of the bed. I've never let go of her in my sleep before, so thank God she rolled off to that side rather than towards the floor.
And I irritated the Swiss passport control guy by coming back after he'd let us through to ask if he'd stamp her passport as a memento of her first trip. DH didn't think of that till after we were through. He gave me the stamp. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Thanks for all the useful travel details. I'm glad to hear that this trip is going well for you and Kara!
I hope you're having a wonderful trip! I can't imagine traveling abroad with an infant. I would be a stressed out wreck. It took all my nerve to finally take our little guy out of the house on some errands! I think I'm a bigger baby than he is. :)
I'm so glad you added in the info for the Thirsties, that's what I was curious about. All good info to know, thanks!
Post a Comment