I snuck into the L&D triage room to look for one of the ultrasounds I now know exist somewhere, and didn't find one, but did notice a nice portable doppler hanging on the wall. No one else was in there, and there were only 4 buttons on the machine, so I found some jelly, whipped up the shirt, pushed down the pants, and started to try to find my baby's heartbeat.
The kiddies heart rate (after a few seconds of panic when I didn't find it right away) was a nice 153/min. Whew. I was worried someone might have heard the loud sounds of me moving the doppler over my belly searching for the baby, or the loudish beating heart, but I don't _think_ so. I'd like to keep things a secret for another 3 weeks, just until after my next doctor's appointment. And then it will be time to spill the beans.
I'm surprised no one was asking me today why I was running out of the room every time the ortho guy shot an x-ray while doing his ankle fracture repair. I'd snuck out to put on lead after everyone else was already dressed, so that I could add a second secret skirt underneath the outer layer. Depsite 2-3 layers over the baby, I still wanted to be out of the room as much as possible when they were using the fluoro machine, so up I'd leap every time he asked the x-ray tech to move the machine in for a shot. Either they weren't paying too much attention, or people are used to me heading out of the room for a quick bite to eat or a sip of water. I imagine the questions will be starting soon enough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
That's great that you were able to hear the heartbeat!!!
I was thinking you should just try and find a doppler at the hospital rather than buy one. An u/s would be nice too! Are you showing at all yet?
That's a good thing - always feel free to step out! Once you let the people on your team know, it'll likely be easier.
A doppler is sooooo handy! Glad things are going well.
Post a Comment