Friday, August 21, 2009

Feeling sorry for DH

Maybe I shouldn't feel too sorry for him, since I'm the one feeling slightly icky in the mornings (though nothing to write home about), peeing a couple times a night, suffering from constipation (though I may finally have turned the corner on that one!).
He's starting to complain about how little I do at home. Not badly, but he's obviously starting to feel a little put-upon. I go to bed around 10-10:30pm. Get up at 6am. Commute an hour to work. Work all day (though I haven't gotten any money yet after a month's work because it's taking that long to get the billing number and program etc set up), commute 75min to get home, and by then I'm usually beat. All I want to do is lie on the couch, maybe look at the internet, and probably have a little nap.
Which means that the poor boy is the one who gets sent for takeout, or who ends up doing dishes more often than I do, or who comes up with the ideas for dinner. Hopefully my energy will come back sometime soon, before he decides I'm useless!

5 comments:

Tiffanie said...

tell him to buck up! after all, you are growing a baby! jeeesh:)

cici said...

Hi Kate - Congrats on the IPS ultrasound!
When do you think you'll spill the beans at work?
I'm due in March and still haven't decided when to tell my boss.

Clare said...

Dont feel too sorry for him - you are PG after all, carrying HIS child!! Also you are working super duper hard, so I hope he can just suck it up!

Anonymous said...

I hope you guys work it out - however it is best for you to remain sane, healthy and rested.

Anonymous said...

No no, don't feel sorry for him! Like Tiffanie said, you are growing a baby! And working full time, and commuting! He can go for takeout and do the dishes for a while. Don't feel bad!