Saturday, August 8, 2009

Call me a moron

OK, I get easily upset over little things. But I am now paying out of pocket for $400 of eligible acupuncture expenses I paid for last October because I didn't submit the claim within 90 days of the end of the claim year. I didn't see the fine print in my husband's claim booklet, and my personal old plan would pay for things if they were submitted within 6 months of the claim year.
Now I'm so pissed with myself. Sure, we can afford $400, but if insurance would pay for it, it'd be nice. I had saved up receipts, thinking I'd submit a bunch of stuff together, and then I got caught up in the exam prep stress and forgot about them. How dumb can you get?

5 comments:

the Babychaser: said...

Ugh. That sucks. I hate peeing money away like that. Grrr.

Michelle said...

You have a good excuse but that doesn't make swallowing the $400 any easier. Stink.

Clare said...

Not a moron - just someone with a busy life! I just read your work post below, your days sound super busy. When can you tell people at work? I think they need to understand what's going on with you...

Clare said...

oops forgot There's an award waiting for you here: http://thepitter-patter.blogspot.com/2009/08/lurrvely-blog.html

Anonymous said...

That does suck. I hate fine print boilerplate!