I think I'd call K toilet-trained at this point. She didn't have any accidents today. She slept through the night and woke up dry. I, on the other hand, didn't sleep through the night. I cranked up the microphone sensitivity on the baby monitor, so I heard most times she moved around in her crib. Every hour or so I'd wake up to a noise, wondering if she'd called for me to go peepee. I'd rush in to check on her, only to see her fast asleep in her crib. I'd whisper to her that she needs to tell Mama when she needs to pee, pull the blanket back over her, feel if her bum was wet, and go back to bed till the next time.
She peed well about 30min after getting up and even managed to get out to the school drop in centre with our nanny today. She didn't have to pee before they left, but did say she could go when Tita asked if she needed to go because it was time to go play in the gym, and then she peed again before they left the school. I was so happy to hear that playing and being with all the other kids didn't keep her from realizing that she needed to pee.
At this point, apart from nights not being so predictably dry, the only real trouble is bedtime. I get K to try to pee before we read our books, and then the last couple nights, she's insisted that she still needs to pee after that. Then she spends about 10min moving from the potty to the big toilet +/- kiddie seat on top of that. She had a major tantrum when I dragged her out of the bathroom tonight. I don't want to make her have an accident because I didn't let her pee (would probably kill her confidence), but I don't want her to get totally fixed on the potty and keep on trying to force herself to go when nothing is there. I hate making her upset about anything associated with the potty training though. Ugh!
One funny thing - I think she's trying to make herself go pee/poop more often in order to earn herself more stickers. I guess I may have to cut back on the sticker-giving to prevent that. I do still want to give easy positive reinforcement though.
She's such a big girl!
For anyone who's interested, this is the link to the ebook I have: http://cbheca.srsb.ca/sites/default/files/3DayPottyTraining.pdf
It's worked great for us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wow....I am impressed! Nevaeh has NO interest in training :-(
Post a Comment