I went in to the clinic for my baselines yesterday morning on CD4. I was so impressed to see that they now open at 6:15am for early monitoring for patients who have to get to work. It's too bad that the one day I could really use that (for my lining check on day 10-12 of estrace), my nanny won't be able to come all that early to take over listening for K as DH will be out of town.
The ultrasound was easy, but they saw a fluid collction in the uterus and had trouble measuring the lining. Things looked great on the sonohysterogram 4 weeks ago, so they figured it was just a blood clot. The nurse told me I might have to come back for another baseline in a couple days if Dr H was concerned about it. When they called later in the afternoon, it turns out he wasn't concerned and gave me the go-ahead to start estrace. I scanned myself on our U/S at work in the evening when I was on call, and I couldn't see any blood clot any more, so I think it's all good.
I'm on Estrace 4mg PV BID from now on. I hope I'm doing it right as I've still got some AF action going on. I hope it's not all just running out with the blood rather than being absorbed. Next up is a day 10-12 on estrace lining check sometime between Feb 27-29. I'm hoping for transfer on Mar 5th if all goes well.
You know the sad thing: one of my first thoughts with the early morning monitoring was whether I could swing a fresh IVF cycle if the FETs don't work, since I could definitely get the monitoring over with before work. DH would not be pleased to hear me talk like that! Please God let the FET work so we won't have to go there...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Hi Kate! THank you for the wonderful advice about toothbrushing and your kind support always. It means so much, and I know I don't comment nearly as much as I should.
As for you, dear soul, here's hoping that your FET will be all you need-- I'll be keeping my fingers crossed, and am so happy it looks like a Go.
March 5 is just around the corner.
warmly,
Kate
Yes, please let this FET work. sending you all positive thoughts. good to read your update.
mo
Keeping my fingers crossed for you...and will be thinking of you on March 5th!
I think I blinked or something...so glad to hear you are so far along in the process already! Praying you have the great result you did last time with K! How many embies do you have and how many do you plan to transfer?
Hi Kate, I am not sure you read the "A cup of Jo" blog and I know you are professionally aware of what was going on with you when you felt so low after weaning. However, Ai just read this blog post and for some strange reason, I thought of you and reading about your sleep problems at the time and also reading that this is a little worry for your new trial. Maybe knowing that other people feel that way, too makes it less scary
http://joannagoddard.blogspot.com/2012/02/motherhood-depression-and-weaning.html#more
I have to say I'm really happy to read you're cycling again. Everything crossed that you don't need the fresh cycle discussion,
G
Post a Comment