I went back to work today and left K with her nanny. She cried out a couple times around 11/11:30pm, then again at 12:30pm, but when I went in to check on her, she was sound asleep and dry. She woke up at 7:50am and I heard a quiet "Mama" from her room. I leaped out of bed and raced into see how the night had gone. I asked if she was dry, and she said "Yes!". I picked her up for a congrats and a cuddle, but then slowly noticed that her PJs seemed a little damp. When I opened the blinds and checked her bed, there was a wet spot. I felt bad that I had to tell her she was actually wet, and that she needs to tell Mama when she has to pee during the night.
I got her dressed and took her down to see her nanny who then gave her breakfast. She didn't ask for the potty till after breakfast, but then did a big pee in it which we cheered for. She was so excited to have 3 people cheering for her that she spent the next few minutes running laps around the dining room table saying "Yay K!" nice and loudly. I suggested they stay closer to the house today and maybe would only go out for a short walk, because I wasn't sure how she'd do with a trip to the school or the library when she might be too distracted to know when she had to pee/poop.
DH called as I was on my way home from work to say that she'd pooped again before her nap, and then she pooped a tiny bit before her bath. Apparently the first time she was playing in the kitchen while our nanny was at the sink, got up, and ran for the bathroom saying "Kaka". Later on, she pooped again in the potty with me, but I think maybe just ran over there saying "schnell schnell" (fast fast) after getting a concentrated look on her face.
She had a good dinner, and then wanted to watch some videos on my computer. (She LOVES the Bare.foot Books youtube songs) I think she got a little too distracted by them, because at one point she got a worried look on her face and took off running, and by the time we got there for a little pee, her panties were a little wet. It hadn't gone through onto her pants at all, and she peed more in the potty, so I don't think it was a true accident. She caught it in time. So apart from peeing in bed last night, she hasn't had any accidents since Sat morning!
I'm very impressed at how quickly she's picked this all up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Wow, wow, wow!!! Yeah K!
I'm really impressed too! It sounds like she's doing great.
Oh, and I tagged you :)
I am so impressed!!! She's very advanced. Emma pees on the potty from time to time, but nothing consistent. You'll have K fully potty trained by the time she's 2!
Post a Comment