Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Klutz

Next note to self: learn to ask for help. Guess who gave themselves first and second degree burns on their wrist at work yesterday? Yep, that'd be me. You shouldn't make hot tea, then balance it on top of your reheated lunch and try to open a door to go back to the OR to drink and eat. Nope, because then the steaming hot tea will tip over and spill all down your wrist, leaving you in agony for the rest of the day. And dreading the next two weekends when you're on call.
Would it really have been so bad to have asked one of the women in the lounge to open the door for me?
I'm falling about 4oz behind a day now. I don't think I'll be making it past 3.5 months EBF. Oh well. I'll make it to the weekend, and then solids and formula here we come.

6 comments:

kayjay said...

Ouch! I'm so sorry to hear about your burns and hope that they will heal quickly.

Amanda said...

I do that kind of stuff too. I know I'm going to mess up but still try to juggle everything and then get mad at myself when I fail.

Have you ever thought about any of those galactogogue teas? I don't know that they really help, but if you are already drinking tea maybe it would be worth it?

Victoria said...

We're always underestimating what we can do even when our hands are full and a door needs to be open (lol). Sorry about the burn - hope it's not bad.

Jules a.k.a. Julie said...

So sorry about your burn, Kate. Sounds EXACTLY like something I would do! Burns are so painful! I hope you aren't in too much misery and that it heals soon!

one-hit_wonder said...

ouchie - i do exactly the same kind of thing. hope it heals fast.

again, i commend ur bf'ing dedication - you've done your absolute best and then some!

Karen said...

Hope your burns heal quicly.....You did a great job breastfeeding but it's so hard when you work outside of the home.My daughter just could never pump so her twins went on formula after about 7 weeks....you both did an outstandonding job! Kudos and best wiahes!