I forgot to add the other crowning glory of my day on Friday (besides the scratches on the new car): I peed my pants. I thought my pelvic floor had stayed relatively intact after the delivery, and had gotten by with a tiny droplet leaked once in a while when my bladder was really full and I heard running water. And then on Friday I didn't make it to the bathroom between cases (decided eating was more important) and thought I'd get started and then leave the med student who was with me for the day to monitor things for 2 min while I ran to pee. Of course then I ran into complications when the patient regurgitated a bunch of stuff just before I intubated him, and in my "oh shit!" (or really, "oh F*CK!") moment of panic, I lost control.
So the PSA to myself and all other new mothers or soon-to-be new mothers out there: do your Kegels regularly to build back up strength! It took ages to feel like I was able to poop normally again, and I still can't hold back a fart like I once could. Now it appears I can't stay totally continent either. Ah well, she's worth it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
You crack me up!
I can only imagine what the surgeon thought at the pump up your shirt and pee on the floor! LOL
Every time I do kegels I get myself into trouble. I have been pregnant for so long (so it seems) that I totally forgot all the trouble those things cause me and did a couple the other day. Now I'm freaking out that I've hyperextended my bladder again (when I was pregnant the baby's weight prevented such problems). The only way to tell is to go to the dr, but I don't have time to go and I might be wrong... me and kegels just don't get along.
No pee on the floor or the saggy scrubs pans, thank God, just on the underwear. Unpleasant all the same!
yes, the joys of a vaginal delivery. If I toot, sneeze or cough, I pee...
sorry to hear of your blunder!! and i think i'm glad to have been incontinent while pregnant rather than after!
If it's not one thing, it's always another. I can't remember what it was like for me as it was such a long time since I gave birth. Thanks for reminding me --just in case.
LOL!!! So what you're telling me is all this peeing my pants and farting in public is NOT going to stop with pregnancy??? Oh great! Doing my kegels now!!!
My pelvic floor? She is pristine, but then again you should see my c-section scar. Still red, two years on :)
g
Kegels didn't do much for me, but the 'hammock'~best thing ever!
Post a Comment