DH and K had a nice day together by the sounds of things. She got 3oz of EBM at each of two feeds, then 1/2oz to tide her over till I got home to feed her. When I called the second time this morning (I only called home 3 times all day), DH asked why I was disturbing them, as she was talking and laughing for him.
I, on the other hand, spent my day in the OR worried about pumping and whether I'd get enough. I power-pumped. I'd fed her from 6:35-6:55, then got all of 22cc in the car in two 10min sessions on the way to work. I started pumping again around 9am, 3x10min sessions with 10 min breaks in between. Disconnected myself to drop off the first patient, and then decided to hook back up to my Free.style and just pump for 10min here and there for the rest of the day. I stopped a bit before 2pm, hoping to get home around 4pm. Of course my room ran over, so I didn't get home till 4:45pm. I got about 210cc out, including the bit from the morning drive, which is about 7oz.
Only downside was that I realized when I got home that I'd forgotten to take my herbs and d.omperidone all day. And that I looked totally deformed walking around with a pump stuffed up my shirt. Hope tomorrow goes as well or better.
I weighted K when I got home from work, and she was only about 4.53kg, down from Friday's weight. Not sure what the error was. She hadn't pooped in 2 days at the last weight check. I'll check again in a couple more days and adjust the amounts of supplement/feedings accordingly. I don't want to stuff her silly and have her start spacing feeds out more, if that makes sense.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Glad you survived the first day back to work. Man, Kate, you are a trooper with the pumping! Glad things went smoothly for your first day back.
ditto on what the previous poster said
You're such a great Mom, Kate. And don't worry about the pump up your shirt. It's a hospital - people walk around with all kinds of wierd things on their bodies! LOL
I just noticed K's weight update from June 11 in the sidebar was 10lbs4oz. Can you believe that's what Shaun weighed when he was born?!?!
So glad you had a good first day back. I'll bet it was wierd though, being away from her all day. What kind of schedule do you have?
I can't believe your day! holy crap, you DO deserve many many many extra points for effort!
I am sorry it is so hard, but it sounds like your day was *ok* (you sound so functional!) but I bet it was tiring. I hope YOU sleep better between feedings tonight.
My brain is a churning brain, so I get how it can keep you up. Here;'s hoping yours takes the night off so you can rest.
hugs to you- and kudos on your 7 oz!
xo
Kate
I'm glad to hear you made it through. Hopefully you'll do even better with your herbs and meds.
Have you ever seen Whisper breast pumps? They might be worth a look.
It must be hard for you to leave her in the hands of another, even if that other is your husband. I'm very impressed that you're managing to pump in amongst the madness of the OR.
glad things started off smoothly! best wishes as you get into your pumping and working groove.
Post a Comment