Thursday, July 1, 2010

Sleep!


Kara spent the entire night in her crib in her own room last night for the first time. She went down a bit before 10pm, woke crying at 11pm because she'd rolled from her side (how I'd put her down) to her tummy and her arm was stuck under her and she was uncomfortable. I put the positioner under her and she drifted off again. I got up just after midnight to pump, and again shortly after 4am to feed her. Tossed her back in her crib, where she protested for a moment and went back to sleep till 9am.

Then this morning her nap was 1h45min long. Normally it's 45-50min, so that was great. We just have to work on shifting her to a 7pm bedtime to get the nap landing at the right time in the morning.

5 comments:

one-hit_wonder said...

aw, does she ever look like you!

things with my family are better, thanks for asking! i decided just to suck it up and move on. i was open with my family about what i felt: my parents were contrite but my brother and SIL really weren't. whatever. i'm over it.

Anonymous said...

that's fabulous! good work, mommy and baby!

Lisa said...

Way to nap it up Kara! I love that picture. Such a cutie!!

thehuntformyfertility said...

fabulous and way to go! i'm still not ready for the switch to her own room...i'm sure i will be one day. :)
thanks for posting the sweet picture!

kayjay said...

I completely appreciate how wonderful it is to have them sleep for that long and in their own crib! Yay Mommy - you're doing a great job! Enjoy the extra sleep :)