Sunday, July 25, 2010

More pics

Tummy time isn't so bad any more:
Mmmmm, prunes:
Playing tenderly with monkey's foot:

Astoundingly, now that I've shifted to exclusively pumping for all but the 4am feed, I'm getting out 23-25oz a day. She's probably getting 1-1.5oz more than that out during the 4am feed, so I'm finally able to basically keep up with my baby's needs. Wow. Wish I could do it without pumping 9-10x/d, but if this is what it takes, I'll see how long I can keep it up for. My poor nipples are all pink/red from the irritation of no breaks from the suction, but so far we're surviving.

I still can hardly believe she's ours.

8 comments:

one-hit_wonder said...

it's a marvellous thing, isn't it? i still don't think it's hit me yet that i'm somebody's mother.

congrats on the pumping! that's wonderful that you're able to keep up!

she's cute - she does look so serious!

Anonymous said...

Wow, sounds like you are a milk factory these days! Good work, mommy! She is just too adorable for words. Love the food all over the face. Does she have any favorites?

Jill M. said...

Awwww, she's adorable! I recognize those Thirsties Duo diapers! My little guy is still swimming in them, so still in disposables. You should post an update on cloth diapering. =)

So glad to hear that pumping is providing enough milk. I just finished pumping myself. I'm sorry it's not exactly as you'd like it, I so get that! I'll be posting more of our BFing progress soon.

Victoria said...

I like all the pics. She does have a sense of humour or can make people laugh. She seems so mature.

Once Upon A Time said...

Loved the pictures!

Springroll said...

What a beautiful little girl...great pics (thanks for sharing her with us!!) I am so happy to hear that your pumping is going well - which pump are you using?

kayjay said...

Congratulations!!! You're doing so great with the pumping and BF and it must be such a good feeling to know that your dedication has finally led you to being able to meet all of K's needs! It was a strange day for me too when I realized that we didn't need any formula anymore. K looks awesome and is showing a lot of dexterity to play with the animals.

K said...

Love the pics!!!!

I also wonder when it will really settle in- that we are mothers. So amazing!