Strange, blogger is automatically rotating this photo - oh well, you'll still be able to see my sweetie!
She had a 4mo visit at the ped yesterday. She weighted 5350g (today she was 5430g = 12lb), was 63.5cm long (I got her at 64cm long today, or just over 25"), and had a head circumference of 40.2cm. The doc was very happy with her progress, and said that whatever we've been doing to feed her, just keep on doing it. Whew! So far she's still breastfed (I can just manage to eke out 8-9oz a day at work) with some solids thrown in for good measure. She's had avocado, banana, sweet potato, and now prunes. Had to introduce the last one because her massive liquidy poops every couple of days have tapered off to formed stool every few days. I don't want my little girl getting too constipated! She seems to enjoy getting her face wiped off after a meal.
She's stopped rolling quite so much, but has been able to roll back to front in each direction and get herself back onto her back. I went in to get her from a nap yesterday, only to find that she'd managed to get herself from lying on her back lengthwise in the middle of the crib to lying on her stomach sideways at one end of the crib. No idea how she managed that.
Now that she's physically more active, she's a little harder to get smiles out of. She only laughs a tiny bit very occasionally, and looks around quite attentively and seriously most of the time. She loves her play mat and will gently fondle some of the toys dangling from the arches on it. She loves to stroke her monkey's foot. She's starting to stroke my neck gently when I'm holding her, and can hold onto my arm when I've got her on my hip. She can clasp her hands together sweetly, and lives with some fingers stuffed in her mouth to suck on. Current favourites are the middle two fingers, and they're often preferred over breast or bottle.
She's a very good sleeper these days. She'll go down awake for a nap, and will occasionally put herself back to sleep after one mid-nap squack 45min in. She goes to bed around 9:30-10pm, and sleeps through till I wake her at 4am to feed (I also get up at 12:30am to pump). Last night I slept through my alarm (or turned it off and promptly went back to sleep), and woke at 5:15am in a panic, pissed at myself that I'd gone 5 hours without pumping. K was still sleeping till I went in to wake her up - that's 7.5 hours after she went to bed. I fed her, and she went back down till almost 9am. Sweet! Hope she keeps this up.

14 comments:
K looks so beautiful and healthy in the picture! You're doing a great job and I'm glad the doc laid off of you in terms of weight gain.
I have slept through the alarm as well at night as I find it hard to get up sometimes (it's 5am and I'm pumping having slept through my 3am wake up time). I find that changing the alarm to buzz instead of music helps as it is a different sound I'm not used to. Sometimes I have set the alarm on my cell phone as well and put it just out of reach so I have to sit up to turn it off.
Doesn't a few more hours of sleep make you feel like a new woman? I find though that the extra sleep makes me yearn for more!
It's 5:15am and I'm up pumping with you! Yeah, the extra sleep is fantastic. I can't wait till I feel like I can stop pumping and BFing, and can just relax and sleep the whole time she's sleeping. For now, it is what it is.
What a beauty!.....and sooooo happy~Blessings
What a little doll baby! Great job capturing that big smile. We have such a hard time capturing Emma's. She sounds like your little one...very serious! That's great that she's grown so much. I can't wait until our 4 month appt this week.
ah, one day i'll get sleep like that. lol
she's a cutie!
wow....she sure is growing fast!
Sounds like she is doing fabulous, both with eating and sleeping. She is such a doll!
I love her smile, Kate, and it sounds like she's doing awesomely!
She is such a cute, happy baby! 4 months already, wow. It sounds like the solids are going well. The sleep sounds wonderful! We have been going through a bit of a rough time with sleep around here, but she slept from 1:30am to 8am and I forgot to set my alarm to pump (plus I kinda figured she would wake up before that anyway. I was mad at myself for missing the opportunity to store up some milk, but wow, that sleep was amazing. I feel like a new person!
Still adorable.
She looks sooo cute! It sounds like you are doing some really hard work mama!
I love the way you describe her...so cute...and the picture! She's such a beauty! I am so happy to hear that you are still breastfeeding - I know it's something you really want, so good for you! :) I can't believe you have her on solids already! When did you start?
We started solids around July 3rd or so. About when 4 months after her due date was. The hope was to get more calories into her and still keep her on BM alone.
I second the "sweet!" I too struggle with the middle of the night pumping, it's soooo hard to get up! Many times my 3 hrs turns into 4 or 5. Bad me!
Post a Comment