I tried banana and EBM with K on Tues. She seemed to like it, and was even able to eat it off a spoon! Only took two tries of sucking avocado off my finger on the weekend, and this shot with the banana. The banana just kept slipping off my finger, which is why I decided to try the spoon again.
She's not keen on her evening naps now. I wonder if she's starting to consolidate into more of a morning and afternoon nap, with a catnap later in the day. So far she eats at 9pm, goes down just before 10pm, sleeps through till I wake her at 4am for a change and feed (she is soaking wet and hungry at that point - I started doubling up on the prefolds to have a hope of keeping her crib dry). Then she puts herself back to sleep fairly easily until either 9am or DH has to wake her sometime before 9:30am. She's up for about 2h, then has a nap, and the 3 hour cycle repeats. By the time I get home from work around 4pm, she's up from her second nap, and isn't too interested in sleeping again. At least on Tues she turned into a fussbucket when I tried to put her down around 5-5:30pm. Eventually I laid down with her in our bed and let her have a little snack and pass out. She seemed a bit overtired, since before I tried to put her in her crib, she went from playing happily on her mat to screaming in no time flat.
She's gotten really good at rolling from back to stomach, and can even get the second arm out from under her. Just hasn't figured out back to front. I think that might have been part of the problem with the evening nap - I put her in without the positioner, and DH went up when she wouldn't stop fussing to find that she'd turned herself 90 degrees and rolled onto her stomach. She did the same when I went up a second time after he'd put her back in the original position. Hope she learns to roll herself back soon!
On Wed evening, my big girl tried out the big girl stroller attachment for the first time, and hung out watching us while we worked in the garden before passing out for a little catnap. I think she liked sitting up to see the world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
She's growing up! Yay fort success on the solid food- we haven't attempted any yet.
Yippee for solid foods! They grow up sooo fast!
How exciting!! A whole new world of foods and environment!
it is a whole new world, indeed!
hemp doublers or boosters - added to the prefolds - will gather a lot of wetness. also, a fleece liner will help her feel dry even if the diaper beneath is soaked. sorry for the unsolicited assvice: i'm becoming a cloth-diapering addict.
and to respond to your comment on my blog: yes, we'll absolutely do coffee again when the time comes. because the time WILL come! :)
Post a Comment