Sunday, July 5, 2009

Yeast infection, anyone?

I think God has now told me that I need to spend more time lounging around nude, and that my vagtab-drip-catching pantiliners should be changed every time a spot of damp gets on them.
I swear I've now developed a nasty external yeast infection (well, who knows what's going on inside - hard to tell with the vagtab action). I thought one spot was getting itchy and irritated a few days back, but put it down to the usual pantiliner-adhesive-munching-on-pubic-hair action. Then as things were feeling worse yesterday, I had a look down there with a mirror, and ouch are things red and angry-looking, more on one side than the other. Big red blotchy area, with tiny satellite lesions around it. I'm pretty sure this is classic yeast infection stuff, not that I'm a dermatologist.
Luckily I booked a family doc appointment tomorrow for referral to the family OB team (in the name of optimism) and so that I can schedule the 11-13wk and 18-20wk ultrasounds on decent days in case we're lucky enough to get that far. Guess I'll be dropping my pants for some resident, unless I can convince them that my usual doctor who's supervising them that day is really the one who should be taking a peak.
Afterwards, I'll be off to buy Walmart out of its pantiliners and canesten. Lovely. Now I'll not only be oozing hormones, but antifungal medications too.
Hope I haven't grossed anyone out too much!

4 comments:

Clare said...

Sometimes it just feels like there's too much happening down there. I feel like she's yelling, just leave me alone!! What with all the poking, prodding, inserting and more... Hope you get it cleared up soon!

IF Optimist, then... said...

Don't worry about your TMI post kiddo. We have all been there and winced a lot on your behalf whilst reading the details. I'm sorry that you are feeling uncomfortable and I hope that you feel better very soon!

Michelle said...

I'm fighting a YI right now too. I'm going to try daily acidophilus PLUS canesten. I find with pregnancy my pH is all wonky down there and I'm much more prone to YIs.

Victoria said...

Kate, OMG, I took a vacation from posting and just returned to great news/surprise - the baby ticker. Congrats again.

Hopefully naughty Miss Yeast will go away soon. I had a very bad case the first time I took clomid, and did not go back for a second dose.