Boy, did they ever drag this one out. We showed up, they made DH sit in the waiting area while I got scanned, first transabdominally and then transvaginally. The U/S tech said nothing, then told me to go wait for the doctor.
So we waited and waited. I couldn't even read my book. I hadn't been nervous really until I was sitting there waiting to talk to the doctor. I was thinking something must be wrong for the tech to say nothing. It's too bad I got one I didn't know, rather than my two favourites who did most of my follicle scans. I think I might have gotten a peek at the screen from them.
After 20min of waiting, the doc came out to get another couple for their consult, but popped over briefly to see us in the waiting room, telling us she'd be another 20min or so. But that everything looked good, and we've got one live baby growing in there. Thank you God!
She eventually took us in for our chat. Supposedly all looks good. No cysts, no bleeding in the uterus, one gestational sac at 2cm (6w3d), one fetal pole at 8mm (6w5d), and a FHR of 127. She said at this stage they like to see it between 100-130, so ours was perfect. By dates (based on transfer of Jun 17), we should be 6w6d according to their software, though I could have sworn we should be 7wks today. Unfortunately, when I asked whether we could get a photo, the tech told the doc she hadn't been able to get a picture for us. I think that's a load of bullshit, personally, but hey. I should just be content that we have one healthy little bean growing like it should.
I'm a little sad that both didn't make it, but also kind of relieved in a way that I'll have less to worry about with this pregnancy. I'll be able to hide it from my new workplace for longer, I hopefully won't get as big or as many stretchmarks, I'll be at less risk of preterm labour and needing to leave work to go on bedrest, and I should be able to have a natural labour and delivery if I want to. Whereas if I were pregnant with twins, I'd have to get an epidural to be safe.
Now, please God just let this little one continue to thrive. Hopefully the small bit of smoked salmon I ate last week, and the soft-boiled egg the week before, won't have harmed it. We got the go-ahead for sex, but I have a feeling it'll be another 5 weeks or so till I'm off the suppositories until I feel like taking a risk and going there again. It's been MONTHS. How pathethic!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
Wooooohoooo! Great news! I'm very happy for you and your husband. Don't worry about the egg or the salmon I think you're OK for now just keep a mind of those things in the future. Very very awesome. I'm wishing you all the best and sending out positive vibes for more great news in the future.
Great news!!! I'm sorry you didn't get a picture- but there will be more in your future. :)
Wow they like to keep the drama nice and high huh? That''s sucks that they didn't let you see anything but it's great news that you have a healthy little baby in there!
Woohoo! Great news! I can't believe they didn't give you a picture! Grrr. When is your next scan?
I am so happy to hear that everything is good with u/s!!!! Congratulations on one baby.
It's funny how we worry about motherhood getting in the way of career. For me having both is very important. Here comes the challenge of juggling...
Great news Kate!! Hopefully your next scan is soon so you can see your baby as an itty bitty kidney bean. They grow too quickly! Congratulations!!!
Congrats on the healthy little one you have growing inside you! I too would have been freaked out when the tech said nothing - I may ask to watch the screen too during my first u/s. Hopefully next time you will be able to get a picture :)
Wonderful news!! So glad all is going well. Hope you get a pic next scan!!
So glad to hear that your little one is doing so well. Hopefully you will be able to get a picture next time.
wonderful news! I'm sure next time you'll get a picture =) I can't wait to see the little beans 1st picture!
Great news! I would have been freaking out too. The tech could have said something, at least!!
Yaaaaay!
I think someone needs to talk to that lab. They're so stingy with giving out pics. I only got pics from the 2 ultrasounds because my DH and I insisted on them. Maybe I'll send them a note to let them know about this issue.
Post a Comment