Monday, July 6, 2009

2nd beta is in...

3900!
Just doubling in 48h. Which is fine by me. As long as it keeps on going, I'll be a happy camper. They didn't check my progesterone this time, but want me back on the HCG boosters until my first ultrasound next Friday as added security.

I saw my family doc this morning and got a script for macrobid, just in case DH and I ever end up having sex again (I get a UTI pretty consistently unless I take prophylactic antibiotics after intercourse). She swore that my RE makes his own OB/GYN referrals, so told me to get in touch with him about the future screening ultrasounds etc.

Now that I've had a chance to think about it, I'd really love to go back to my last RE, Dr D, for prenatal care. I LOVE her. She's totally like a mother to me, and although she doesn't actually deliver her own patients any more, she does do all the antenatal stuff. Plus, she's always running behind, and that might mean that I could pop by late on a Tuesday for an after-work appointment with her. I have complete faith in her, so I think I'll ask if she will take me on. I'm pretty sure she'd love to see me through a pregnancy as well.
(ETA: I emailed her, since she's usually insanely busy during the day. Long and rambling email, but we'll see what she says.)

Thanks for commiserating on the YI situation. I've stocked up on canesten cream and new pantiliners, so nearly 400 of them should keep me dry and in business for a while longer!

7 comments:

IF Optimist, then... said...

Great news on your beta. So happy for you! Keep up the good work in baking your little muffin and let us know when you get the next batch of good beta news.

Kristy said...

Awesome beta!
You're giving me hope.

Chris said...

YES! AWESOME beta. Definitely call your old RE - I think you would enjoy having an OB that knows your history, and that you are comfortable with. Maybe she can make an exception and deliver for you?? (not sure if this is possible or not though)

Once Upon A Time said...

Congrats on the great beta!

Clare said...

Glad to hear the doubling news!!! Keep it up beta!!

Victoria said...

Seems like you've got two peas in a pod. Keep it up...

Maya said...

Great news!