DH rented a car to go away for the week on a business trip, so he drove me to work this morning on his way out of town. I totally overestimated how long the drive would take, so I got there really early. Some of the nurses recognized me from when I did my elective there a year ago, which was nice.
Everyone was pretty friendly. I had a fairly easy list to do for the day: some eye surgeries, a gallbladder operation, and a breast surgery. Strangely, most of the patients were overweight, but none were gigantic. No complications, and I managed to keep everything on time, despite not the fastest room changeovers in the world, as well as a surgeon changeover to one who is reputed to usually run overtime. She of course also had a resident working with her for the afternoon, so that slowed things down as well. I went to the community to work so that I could get away from most residents! I hope this isn't a sign of things to come that I'll have surgical residents coming out of my ears so that the lists run really slowly. It just makes the day go by slowly, and cuts down on my income too.
I had slight abdo cramps a little bit today, but I think it's constipation. Had to stop off and buy some prunes on the way home from work, which will hopefully take care of that. Other than that, nothing new to report baby-wise. I was wondering if I felt a little queasy last night, but it was more like serious hunger pangs. I ignored it and went back to sleep. Hopefully it'll declare itself, so that I can be reassured that I have morning sickness, and then I can fill my script for diclectin and get rid of it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
Large doses of vitamin C works wonders for constipation, and it's good for you too! Congrats on your first day, sounds very busy to me!!
Hope the prunes do the trick! Glad your first day went so well. Hope the rest of the week is good too, and that the residents don't get in your way too much!
I hope the prunes do it - I HATE being constipated. I have also heard that extra B6 is good for m/s!
Glad you made it through your first day unscathed!
Glad your first day went well!
Hi Katie,
I'm glad to hear that all is well. Hopefully the prunes work for you. If those don't work I'd recommend tomato juice, its full of fiber which should help! I'm Hua, the director of Wellsphere's HealthBlogger Network, a network of over 2,000 of the best health writers on the web (including doctors, nurses, healthy living professionals, and expert patients). I think your blog would be a great addition to the Network, and I'd like to invite you to learn more about it and apply to join at http://www.wellsphere.com/health-blogger. Once approved by our Chief Medical Officer, your posts will be republished on Wellsphere where they will be available to over 5 million monthly visitors who come to the site looking for health information and support. There’s no cost and no extra work for you! The HealthBlogger page (http://www.wellsphere.com/health-blogger) provides details about participation, but if you have any questions please feel free to email me at hua@wellsphere.com.
Best,
Hua
Really glad that all is still going well! I've been eating massive amounts of home-grown raspberries, which seems to do the trick re: constipation. lol
hi! just checking in to see how you were doing. the morning sickness? i got's it. had it since week 5 and i'm 11 weeks now, so i'm ready for it to be gone now:)
let me know how you're doing.
Thank you so much for your comment. It means so much to me to have people that GET IT.
Just wanted to stop over and say CONGRATS! I am so happy your little bean is thriving... I always get anxious a few days after ultrasound until the next time I see the babies.
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and sharing your observations of the TTTS laser surgery. You are very reassuring! :) Glad you found me.
For constipation in early pregnancy (in the summertime) I have to say large quantities of watermelon help me tremendously! Can't hurt either, lots of lycopene!
Take care,
Carrie
Prunes and more prunes for job.
Post a Comment