If I were still just breastfeeding, I wouldn't likely be too stressed, but my pumping output has been way down today. Just over half its usual. Don't know if I was too "vigorous" with the breast massage and compressions yesterday and have caused swelling that's causing issues, or if it's just a bad day. I even had to only give 20cc after one of the feedings today, because I just didn't have that much extra hanging around.
Hope things improve soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I am hooked up to the pump right now!
Pumping does suck! It's my least favorite time of the day now. My favorite time of the day is when he's feeding and just starting to nod off.
I've found that my supply tends to fluctuate a bit for reasons unknown to me, so hopefully it's just a temporary thing. Keep taking good care of yourself, lots of calcium, D, and an iron supplement if you need it too.
Hoping that today is a better day! I really admire your determination in sticking with the b/f and pumping!! (oh, and we need new pics of Miss Kara, pls!)
Pumping definitely sucks! I thought for some reason that a breast pump just made the milk pour out. Boy, was I wrong. No idea what I would do if going back to work fulltime because it would take me months to stock up. I feel your pain!
Yes, pumping sucks and my output goes up and down all the time. It's so hard to know how much there's going to be and there is nothing more unsatisfying than sitting there for 15 minutes, pumping away with nothing to show for it other than stimulated breasts. Ugh! Keep at it though...don't give up!
Post a Comment