Yep, you guessed it. After my midnight pumping session that went pretty well, giving me 9cc from lefty and 16cc from righty, I was unhooking myself from the pump and feeling proud of my output, when I managed to knock over lefty's little bottle that was waiting to be combined with rightys, and lost about 7 of the 9cc onto my sweatpants and the couch.
That was so stupid, and what a waste of liquid gold!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Righty was always a MUCH better producer for me than lefty. Didn't know if that's because I was left handed and lefty was therefore a little more toned and less fatty than righty.
You have EVERY right to cry over spilled milk - I know I did :)
25 is a great pumping session for late night - usually the best output is first thing in the morning. -Carrie
Aw man :( I'm so sorry *hugs*
Crap! I've done that too and I DID cry. White gold is right!! Actually, more like platnum. :) At least lefty and righty hadn't been combined yet.
Oh no, that's happened to me in the middle of the night and it's so upsetting isn't it, I'd set my alarm, dragged my poor sleep deprived self out of bed pumped for half an hour and knocked the whole lot over. Soul destroying!
You are really doing so well with you endeavours in bfeeding. It can be so hard, I have a 5 mth old and I have battled low supply since he was born, I was under a lot of pressure to supplement with formula and I ended up doing so in the end as he was obviously so hungry generally and and it was evident that he wasn't getting as much food as he needed which I didn't think was fair to him.It was a very
hard decision but looking back I think if I hadn't then it woud have come to a head and I would have ultimately stopped completely. He's now about 70per cent breast fed and 30per cent formula which works quite well for us. Anyway best if luck with it all, your little one is gorgeous and you are doing really well.
Ugh, Kate, I feel your pain! I had to pump and dump milk for 2 weeks and have had so many spilling accidents. So sad when that happens after all the work! Being deathly tired certainly doesn't help in the coordination department. Just know that many of have actually cried over spilled milk. :(
http://ginnegaap.blogspot.com/2009/11/crying-over-spilled-milk-and-other.html
Post a Comment