I pestered my RE about when we could do the early ultrasound, as I'm supposed to be 5w5d today. After I suggested maybe I could get it done at work, his nurse emailed me a req, and the U/S department was kind enough to squeeze me in when I finished for the day.
There is a tiny gestational sac in the uterus. Measuring 4w5d, with no visible yolk sac in there. They didn't see any free fluid or anything concerning in the adnexae that might make you think there's an ectopic there.
Hopefully, this all means that I simply have a failing intrauterine pregnancy, and can just wait till my beta starts to drop before I go off the meds. I hope I won't have to take methotrexate to end things, but can let it happen naturally. Since my body seems to be pretty good at miscarrying, it probably will work out that way.
I suppose maybe they'll do another scan next week to double check what's going on. For now, I'm feeling reassured.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I'm glad it's not ectopic, but I wish this all would've turned out so differently. Thinking of you.
Ditto what Lisa says. Hope your body can work itself out and you can move on to another cycle quickly.
"simply have a failing intrauterine pregnancy"
There is nothing trivial about this. I am so sorry for your loss.
glad you were able to sneak a peek. so glad it's not ectopic, but really wishing with all my heart that you weren't going through this, either. thinking of you, kate.
Mo
Not sure what to say, Kate, but figured I should say something so you know I am thinking of you and Stefan.
Oh sweetie,
nothing simple about any of this. My heart aches for you as you deal with this.
At least you know what "this" is, but still, bitter relief that at least it is not ectopic.
sending love and encouraging you to be gentle with yourself.
this sucks rocks.
xoxo
kate
Post a Comment