Friday, March 23, 2012

18dp5dt beta

Unfortunately, rather than a drop or a good rise, I got a miniscule rise to 470. That's a whole 18.9% in 48 hours. Not good.
And yet, they still want me on the meds and to recheck on Mon or Tues next week. I'm praying it's not an ectopic, and almost wish I'd just gotten a BFN and been able to move on to the next cycle.
The IVF nurse was still trying to hold out hope to me, but really, this isn't going anywhere. When I told her "Look, the beta hasn't even doubled since Monday", I think she looked at the results again and agreed with that. My beta went from being so-so on Monday to being pretty abysmal today. I've fallen WAY off the curve. And now I just want this over with.
I finally got the nurse to admit things aren't good, and that an ectopic is a possibility. I asked if I could maybe get a scan on Monday to see if anything can be seen in the uterus or adnexa/tubes. She said they wouldn't scan until the beta rises enough to see something. I said it's never going to get there at this rate. Hopefully that means it'll start dropping soon.
And hopefully I'll be able to cycle with our final frosty in the near future. Or DH will change his mind and let me do another fresh one. I doubt it though - he sees this as giving the frosties a chance, and if nothing happens, it's God's will for us to only have one child.
Here's the graphics of the crappiness that this is:

8 comments:

Mo said...

Ah man, I've been holding out hope for you. I'm so sorry. I hope you can get out of beta hell soon. And no ectopics!! None!! Sorry you're going through this.

Mo

Bree said...

I am sorry, Kate. xo

Amanda said...

Sorry. I hope it isn't ectopic too.

Lisa said...

This sucks. I'm sorry Kate.

Kate said...

Oh damn it, Kate, that just sucks. no one deserves this sort of purgatory.
I am so so sorry.
sending love,
Kate

Springroll said...

I've just now read your update and am so sorry that the news hasnh't been better...please hang in there and don't give up hope!
Sending you a big hug,
SR

IF Optimist, then... said...

I'm pretty miffed at the universe for this shitty news on your behalf. My heart is sad. I wanted you to have great news and now you are in the gray place, awaiting bad or worse news. I'll keep my best wishes and hopes for you. Keep a my hug in your pocket and pull it out when you need it most.

Anonymous said...

Sorry you're going through this. Praying that you get some answers today.
Rose