My beta crept up to 625 this morning, after nearly 76 hours. Damn. I was so hoping it was going down. The nurse told me to get it rechecked on Thursday, and to go to the ER if I have abdo pain. It seems like they're finally admitting this could be an ectopic. I've asked her to check with the RE to see if I can stop the meds to see if that will help hasten the end. I also asked why they wouldn't consider doing a transvag ultrasound to see what's what, since I'm theoretically 5.5 weeks along. She said normally their "early ultrasound" is at 6 weeks. Which is later on this week, though I'm working every day, and won't be able to go get a scan. I think they're planning to have me go in next Tues when I have the afternoon off if the betas aren't starting to fall.
The nice thing is that they've given me a req to get my betas drawn at the lab at work, which will save me some other early mornings and driving downtown. Hopefully the two labs results will correlate reasonably well with each other so I can reliably go to either if I need to.
The cherry on top of my already bad week? DH and K came out to the garage to see me off to work last night since she was very clingy and didn't want me to go. I was focusing on waving goodbye to her and managed to scrape the rear door against a metal post embedded in the concrete outside our garage. Big dent, massive scrape. Not pretty. I was so pissed with myself. DH witnessed the whole thing, and blamed himself for it, saying he shouldn't have distracted me. It's not going to be cheap, but it's probably not worth running it through insurance after seeing the first quote DH got today.
K is so wonderful these days. She does throw little minor temper tantrums full of crocodile tears and histrionics. They're pretty funny. She's picking up tons of new words all the time (like Fieberthermometer = fever thermometer). She's also apparently picking up some Filipino from our nanny and her nanny friends. She sings constantly, and her current favourites are "Hurry Hurry Drive the Firetruck", "Twinkle Twinkle", "Here we go around the mulberry bush", and "A,B,C". She would kill to watch little videos of them on my PC, and often races to the family room saying "Mama PC Video gucken" (= Mama's PC watch video). She's starting to also make up words to songs and is making plays on words. On Sat night, she was killing herself laughing after we said something like "K muss Haendchen waschen" (= K must wash hands), and she came back with "K Haehnchen waschen" (= K wash chicken). Her laughter was so contagious, we were all dying.
Her favourite toys are her plush baby and her doll stroller, though she loves books too. Favourite stories are "Die kleine Maus" (The little mouse by Eric Carle), "Siehst Du mich, Hier bin ich", "Brown bear, brown bear", "What's wrong Pookie", "Blue Hat, Green Hat", and a cute little Noah's Ark board book. She enjoys playing with my old Fisher Price cash register, building Legos with Papa, and the hammering bench and fancy shape sorter we gave her for her birthday. She also got an easel (Ikea) and some paints and brushes, which she loves to use. Her little friends gave her an Aquadoodle travel mat, which she also loves.
Her 2 year doctor's appointment went well (I forgot to write about it in the midst of my first beta angst). She screamed bloody murder when the nurse came out to bring her in to the exam room. I think they measured her at 12.4kg and 93cm, while I got closer to 92cm and 12.2kg at home. She's well ahead on the milestones for 2 year olds, and I think DH said the doc decided to bring out the 3 year form to see how she's coming on those. She's amazing at recognizing a ton of colours, can sometimes count objects, and has a stellar vocabulary, at least in German. She routinely puts 3-5 words together now, and is starting to tell stories about things that happened in the past. This morning she told our nanny that she went swimming with Granddad and Granddad was under water, which we did yesterday. She loves to run fast and to play "Engelchen flieg!" (where you each hold a hand and swing her high into the air). She won't let you stop holding her upside down once you start. She still can't jump and get two feet off the ground, but she's getting close. Her fine motor skills are very good, and she seems to favour using her left hand to draw with. She's great with utensils at meals.
She's still very much a Mama's girl and quite the cuddly little one, which I love. I love taking her potty before I go to sleep at night because she stays mostly asleep and nestles into my shoulder as I carry her to the bathroom. She's done amazingly well with potty training, and still hasn't had a night accident since we started getting her up to pee when we go to bed. I can definitely count the number of accidents she's had on two hands since we started training 7-8 weeks ago. I'm so proud! Over the last week or so, she's become better at pulling down her own pants. I wonder how long it will be before she can pull them down and up (and then ideally wipe her bum and wash her hands).
She seems pretty shy of animals, and though she's in love with cats and dogs at a distance, it's nearly impossible to get her to pat one up close. She was terrified of the bunny rabbit and the lamas at the petting zoo last weekend. She can be shy with people at times, especially men. She loves to pick out her own clothes, and will often refuse to wear what our nanny has picked out for her, who will then open the drawer and tell her to choose a pair of pants.
K can be whiny at times, which I think we're going to try to nip in the bud by ignoring her requests when she talks like that, and telling her to ask nicely for things. She's pretty polite overall though. She cleans up toys when asked to (and sometimes even without being asked), says please and thank you often. She doesn't excuse herself yet when she farts (she'll grin and say "'donnert" = gedonnert = thundered, which is what DH called it), but if you sneeze, she'll chime right in with "Gesundheit Mama!" (bless you mama). It melts my heart every time.
We both feel now that this current beta hell/possible ectopic time has really brought home to us again how incredibly lucky we are to have such a wonderful, bright, sweet girl. Thank God for her!
As an aside: I finally saw DH shed a tear today for the first time at lunch. He didn't cry at her birth, at our marriage, at the death or funeral of his mother. But today, we were talking about the damage to the car, the ectopic, and then the Tori Stafford murder trial details. Just speaking briefly of how she sought comfort and escape from the woman who murdered her brought him to tears. It's been enough to make me cry, and I've read very little about it, especially after DH told me that it was too disturbing, and to avoid it if I could. We've known each other nearly 14.5 years, and I've never seen DH close to shedding tears before. I wonder if he'd have been so hurt to the quick by the details of the case if he didn't have his very own little girl that he loves very much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I hope yhat everything is okay.
This is just dragging on and on. I am so sorry you are getting such horrible betas.
Little K sounds delightful. I am glad that she is enjoying her books and that she is so advanced on all her milestones.
Hugs to you and DH too.
oinguesKate, I'm so sorry the FET has panned out this way. K sounds divine and I utterly get the desire for another,
xx
G
the gibberish is me trying to get blasted anti spam thing right and not checking spot, so focussed on twisted letters!
Reading about K and how much you love and admire her spirit made me smile. I'm sorry everything else is so tough. Keeping you in my thoughts today and sending a big hug on the north winds.
Post a Comment