Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Not looking good

Beta number 2 at 16dp5dt was a whopping 376. Yep, that's right, a 5.6 day doubling time. The nurse barely even agreed with me when I said that was pretty crappy. Just told me to stay on my meds and come in on Friday for a repeat.

I hope this is not ectopic. I don't want surgery or to lose a tube.

I won't be able to cycle again till the summer, I bet. Because I'm sure they'll have me wait a cycle to be sure my HCG goes back to zero, and then our vacation will interfere with the timing of things. And if that lonely little blast doesn't thaw well, that's it for us. No more babies. Because DH doesn't want to do another fresh cycle.

All my hope is gone for a good outcome. I can't believe of 4 pregnancies, I've managed to lose 3. That's 5 of 6 embryos.

I'm so grateful I have my darling girl. Who had her bottom left eyetooth come through yesterday, for a total of 14 teeth now.

13 comments:

Lisa said...

This is so not the news I wanted for you. I'm sorry you have to go through this.

Jill M. said...

Ughhhh, I am so sorry!!! If this one doesn't pull through, I hope and pray that your one last little embie is your miracle sibling!

Birds and squirrels said...

Oh Kate, i am so sorry. I wish the numbers were higher. Maybe both implanted but one stopped growing? Maybe the lab screw up affected the first beta. I will hold onto a little hope for you, that maybe fridays beta miraculously picks up, and pray that this isnt ectopic. Sending you big hugs right now.

Anonymous said...

Aw Kate, sorry to hear this. I'll keep holding out hope for you, that either this is the cycle or the next one is.

Mo said...

ah kate. I am so sorry. I will hold out hope for friday, because i know that betas can do mighty strange things. but i wish you weren't in this limbo. thinking of you.

mo

Michelle said...

I've been afraid to check your blog after the news of your first beta. I'm sorry, Kate. :(

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jane said...

i'm so sorry - keeping fingers crossed for a more encouraging number on friday.

Kate said...

Oh shit, shit and shit.
I am so sorry. This just sucks. I do agree with other commenters that there are *reasons* this could be true that would result in a good outcome, and I am just hoping that that turns out to be true.
But, having been in various trenches, I can say this above all else: I am so sorry for where you are right now. It just totally sucks.
Sending love,
Kate

Rose said...

I'm sorry that you're going through, but I'm still holding out hope for you.

Amanda said...

Sorry for the dissappointing numbers. I guess it isn't over yet, but if it's not viable, I hope it resolves quickly for your sake.

Lydia said...

Oh Kate, how disappointing. My fingers are crossed for a good outcome for this little blast or your final little frostie. What a long time to wait, too.

Geohde said...

Honey, I am so very sorry.

I know how it feels the 'stay on the meds' line.....when we know better.

I was really hoping for better news.

I am hoping that your DH sees how sad this is and comes around to a fresh cycle.

much love,

g