Tuesday, March 20, 2012

14dp5dt beta is in

And it was a modest 294.5. I'm overjoyed that it's positive, but that seems like a very lowish number to me for 19dpo. Back tomorrow for the beta to check on how it's rising. I'm praying hard for a much better number. The IVF nurse at the clinic did say that it was just fine for 14dp5dt.

I was just finishing off on the toilet when she called this morning at 7:15am. I went in to the bathroom initially, then thought maybe I should grab my cell just in case, and sure enough, it rang while I was in there. She asked to speak to me, and when I said I was speaking, asked how I was doing, and said sorry again for the delay in getting the results. I was sitting there thinking: "Come on already, put me out of my misery!"  Then she said the results were positive, and when I asked what the level was, she told me the number, to which I promptly responded "Isn't that a bit low? My level with K was 955 at 20dpo, though I'd had HCG boosters at 12dpo and 15dpo." She said it was a good level, and we'll just have to see how it rises.

Please God let this work!!!



Janice - bless you for letting me know that everyone's hormone levels seemed screwed up yesterday at Dr H's. I doubt that everyone's E2 would fall like that, so maybe something did happen and my HCG measured lower than it really is, just like your E2 must be better than that. Good luck at your ER tomorrow! Dr H is great at it. Do you have a blog, or where can I follow how things are going for you? I'll keep you and your embryos in my prayers too!

7 comments:

Amanda said...

I guess I'll stay cautiously optimistic for you! Betas are weird things, they often don't go by the book. I didn't even get a 60% rise with Michael in 48 hours and that is the min my clinic looks for. You certainly don't have the lowest beta at this point I've heard of and seen a healthy child come from. At least you're closer to your next beta because of the delayed results.

Mo said...

congrats!! i think that number is ok. the denver clinic wants to see it above 50 on 9dp5dt, which yours certainly would have been. fingers crossed!!

Mo

MabelB said...

Congratulations! I had a lower beta for my eldest who was an ivf baby and it was fine. Good luck!

birds and squirrels said...

Congratulations! I have heard that FET's can have lower beta numbers than fresh cycles, so hopefully that is okay. Keeping my fingers crossed for lovely doubling numbers!

Lisa said...

I think this looks very promising! Hopefully your next beta will be very reassuring and they won't make you wait 24 hours to get the result!!

Anonymous said...

I think it looks great! With my first, my beta was 129 at 15dp3dt. But doubling fine, etc., so all was OK. Congrats!

Janice said...

kate - sorry I dont have a blog. This is my 3rd ivf so I am a pro these days lol. I do have a little girl from my second one.

I do love dr h! We got 6 eggs today. So fingers crossed!

I really hope this all works out for you too. *hugs*