Friday, March 16, 2012

3 days to beta, and my little girl is 2!!

K turned 2 today. We had Grandma and Granddad and my stepmother all over for dinner (DH is out of town), which was actually really nice. It was Grandma's bday too, so I baked and iced and decorated a cake for the two of them, and they blew out the candles together.
K insisted on singing grace before dinner (she didn't sing much of it), which rather charmed everyone. I don't know if it was just because I was sitting next to her, but she really does speak a lot more in German than in English, so the grandparents had some difficulties understanding some of what she was saying. They all kept saying how clever she is, and how much she reminds them of me as an toddler. After she blew out her candles, she even counted (correctly!) the six plastic train car candle holders lined up on her cake. She can count up past 10, but often will double count things or keep on counting when there's nothing more to point at, so I was really impressed that she counted the candle holders properly.
This wasn't the cake I baked for her, but rather the fancy cake our nanny got for her party the day before her birthday. She really went all out. Hung up balloons and decorations all over the house, cooked up a storm, and even planned a couple games (pass the parcel and musical chairs). There were two sets of twins and three other kids over with their nannies, so the house was pretty full. It's too bad I wasn't there to see it since I was working, but they took lots of photos and videos. I've tried twice to give our nanny money towards the party, but she wouldn't hear of it. Said it was her present to K. Wow. Then she gave her two great books: My favourite bible stories and My first bible. I'm glad that she shares her faith with K. Apparently they all said a blessing for her yesterday too, which is very sweet.


In other news, I don't have much in the way of symptoms. I feel a bit crampy/backachey from time to time, but nothing too major. It's probably all in my head. I had a major guilt trip on Wed because I forgot to take my 11:30am dose of estrace till about 5:30pm - I'm sure it won't have done anything really, but I couldn't believe I forgot to take a dose of my meds.

I'm starting to sleep a little more poorly - each time I wake up in the middle of the night, I start thinking about what might be happening, and say a quick prayer. I have so much to be thankful for, but I hope that this FET will work well.
My Mum practically outed me to Dad and my stepmother. I haven't told many people IRL about the cycle, and when I offered wine with dinner, she said something about how I wouldn't be having any. Personally, I don't see anything wrong in having 1/2 a glass of wine with dinner when I wouldn't share my bloodstream yet with any baby. It's really not going to raise my blood alcohol level much at all. But after that comment, they apparently asked her if I was pregnant while I was off preparing for dinner, and she brushed it off with a "I don't know" answer. Mum and her big mouth.

Please keep the happy thoughts and prayers coming! I'm not going to POAS because DH is away and because I want to be in denial for as long as possible should the outcome be not what I'm hoping for. If that makes sense. Only 3 more sleeps. I sure hope that I"ll get good news when they call on Monday!

8 comments:

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday K! I have fingers crossed for good news for you!

Bree said...

I'm kind of a lurker. I've been reading your blog on and off since you were pregnant with K. Happy Birthday to your sweet girl. My miracle turns two soon, as well. Time passes too quickly. And, sending good thoughts for baby #2.

Mo said...

Happy birthday K!! and all best wishes for you for good news this cycle! I smiled at your mom almost outing you - go mom!!

mo

IF Optimist, then... said...

Happy birthday to K and my best wishes for you. Wishing and hoping that turning 2 and having 2 will happen.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, K!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anxious for you and hoping for good news!

Mad Hatter said...

K is adorable!
Wishing and hoping for you for #2!!!
Love,
Maddy

Karin said...

Alles Gute zum Geburtstag K! 2 Jahre!!! Hier ist der Montag schon wieder fast vorbei und wir warten gespannt auf eure hoffentlich guten Neuigkeiten! Wir halten euch jedenfalls die Daumen, dass die letzten 2 Wochen gut verlaufen sind!

Mo said...

thinking about you today. i hope you got great news!!

mo