Monday, March 5, 2012

Transfer is done!

I'm now back from the transfer (and a hopefully final sushi lunch for the next 9 months). They had to thaw 3 to get 2 to transfer (boo - only one left as backup now), but Dr H said that they looked great. I think one had 80% cell survival and the other 100%. And both were expanding before transfer, which is supposedly another good sign.
He told us his stats for FET for the past year were 48.5% pregnancy rate when transferring 2 blasts. He thinks our chances should be better than that as we already had one successful pregnancy from the same batch of embryos. I sure hope so! (Our chances should be better as that stat includes couples who've already failed fresh and frozen cycles in the past for whatever reason.)
Thanks for all the dust. Beta is in 2 weeks... Now I pray this will work, because I'm nervous on relying on just one lone embryo for backup.
I looked at a bunch of old photos of K to kill time between the PIO shot and the transfer, and felt so ready to do it all again. I hope I get the chance to!

I asked him about checking progesterone, and he said that they usually don't, and certainly don't follow it through the 2ww, as for an FET, there's no corpus luteum pumping out hormones on its own. He did check my level today though, to be sure it's good enough, and said that shouldn't fluctuate over time since my dose of the prometrium will stay the same. Hope to hear what it came back as tomorrow.
It's going to be a long 2 weeks!

5 comments:

Mo said...

Rooting for you!

Mo

Amanda said...

I'm glad that you have 2 nice looking embryos to dream about for the next two weeks. Grow, embies, grow!

Shelly said...

Baby Dust!

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness, I know it will be an incredibly long 2 weeks. Sounds like everything went as perfectly as it possibly could. Hoping you get terrific news soon. I'll be checking back regularly. Do you think you'll take a test at home?

birds and squirrels said...

Oh I am so excited and hopeful for you! Good luck with the two week wait! How is DH doing with things?