I forgot to put another couple cute items in my last blog post:
Sunday when we were having ribs for dinner, K really wanted to nibble on the bones like Mama and Papa were doing. We told her she'd be able to have the bones when she's older. ("Wenn Du aelter bist, kannst Du knochen essen")
So she ate a bit more, and then partway through dinner, suddenly came out with "Wenn K aelter bist, Knochen essen." (= When K are older, eat bones). Then she sat a bit and thought some more, and said "Wenn K aelter bist, vorne sitzen" (= when K are older, sit up front), referring to wanting to sit up front in the car, which we told her on Sat she could do when she's older. Then she thought some more and said "Wenn K aelter bist, kochen helfen" (= when K are older, help cook).
It was so cute to see the wheels turning, and to see what she's excited to do when she's older. I didn't realize cooking would make it on the list!
Sunday afternoon, she was not interested in going down for her nap. I put her in bed after she went potty, then left her to sing/talk/cry etc. I kept hearing her call for Mama, "Mama pipi" (Mama, pee). I ignored that, heard her sing a bit to her dollies, then intermittently cry about something. Eventually I heard her call "Mama, Decke" (Mama, blanket) and "Mama, Unterhose" (Mama, panties). Finally after about 30min, all was quiet. When DH went back up to get her after she woke up from her nap, I heard him exclaim that she had no pants on. Went up to see for myself. Sure enough, she'd tossed her one blanket, her pants, socks and underwear out of her crib and had been calling for me to come and fetch them. When I didn't show up, she gave up, laid down with another blanket, and had a nice nap. I wish I'd had a photo!
Today, the defiance continued. K didn't wan't to eat the leeks in the pasta I made for dinner. Nor did she want to eat the scallops. Basically she was eating buttery noodles with parmesan cheese. After picking at things for a while, she started spitting pasta out onto her plate, which I promptly told her isn't allowed and took the plate away, saying she must be full. She agreed that she was full, but when I offered her some frozen peas to eat, she jumped at the chance. I started cleaning up a bit in the kitchen (in view of the table), and she brought her few remaining peas on her plate to (I thought) sit on the floor near me and finish them off. I kept cleaning and then heard her mutter something about sitting on her peas, and saw her squatting over her plate. I told her no, food is not for sitting on, stand up now. And of course, she dropped her little bum onto the plate and had a little temper tantrum when I lifted her off it and took the peas away. She wanted to be picked up and cuddled, but I didn't want to reward the bad behaviour with that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
So cute how their little minds work!
One idea...K seems to be a good eater normally. You mentioned she was teething. It sounds to me that her usual food does not taste so good or maybe hurts her to chew. Frozen peas might ease the pain. Maybe she is not being difficult, maybe she is just in discomfort when eating? Just a thought....
Amy is a terrible eater. We tried lots but ended up with about 5 meals she eats repeatedly. Buttery pasta with parmesan is one of them:/
Post a Comment