K's upper left eyetooth is finally coming in now - I first noticed it poking through the skin on Friday night. She's been complaining about tooth pain from time to time and pointing farther back in her mouth, so I have a feeling the second set of molars will be coming through again sometime soon.
K is starting to listen to us less and be more defiant these days, and easily breaks out in tears and tantrums if she doesn't get her way. We're still holding strong and staying firmly in control, unless it really is a nothing issue where we don't mind her doing things her way. She's still very loving and gives her nanny the best hugs and kisses at the end of every day. (We get pretty great hugs and kisses too) The major tantrum from yesterday was that she wanted to sit in the front of the car and drive while we were out running errands, and couldn't believe we'd drag her out to sit in her car seat again. I think DH letting her sit up front actually made that one worse.
K's getting a bit more picky with foods these days. She used to like tomato sauce even when there were chunks of onion and tomato in it. Now she'll pick those out. She likes prunes one day and refuses them the next. I hope she doesn't get so picky that she refuses to eat stuff while we're at restaurants. And her latest thing: she likes to eat peas and corn kernels right out of the freezer. She gets mad if we warm them up. (She's also picky about what she wears, and will turn down a few clothes till you let her pick out her own outfit.)
Her favourite toys these days are her soft baby (like this http://www.amazon.com/North-American-Bear-Company-Brunette/dp/B000G32Z18 but with red hair), her teddy, and her stuffed monkey. Due to my stuffed animal obsession, she's got more stuffies than she can possibly play with. I should probably hide some away and give them to her as presents later on. She obsessively dresses and undresses baby, and spent a lot of time today dressing baby up in 24mo sleepers that I was trying to put in storage in the basement. She also adores her baby strollers, including the $8 cheapy umbrella doll stroller from Walm.art.
English seems to be gaining the upper hand the last few days, and she'll try to insist that the starfish in her book is a "starfish", and not a "Seestern" when I try to correct her. Her sentences in English seem more complicated, with more prepositions and better word order. It's still easy to understand what she means when she says things in German though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
She sounds like a two-year-old, through and through. Oh the tantrums! And about the stupidest stuff!
So, when will you be giving your last embie a shot? I'm still rooting for K to be a big sister!
I think they will go through phases when they prefer one of the 2 languages and then switch again. I firmly stick to German and My husband has no choice but speak
English. I think our girls would get on;-) the tantrums sound familiar already. We had a screaming girl on the bathroom floor because I offered water instead of "Saft". An easy one not to give in. What German songs do you guys sing? Amy loves singing and I am running out of ideas.
Post a Comment