Monday, April 16, 2012

Miscarriage over

The only bad day of bleeding was the first day, which was a little crampy, but really fine after the tissue passed. Since then things have been less bad than my usual horribly heavy periods.
I went back to the clinic last Thurs to get my beta rechecked, and it was already down to 24.5. I'm expecting it to be back to 0 later this week when I recheck.
Watch my EWCM and O come back while DH is out of town on business. It would be so amazing to get a natural BFP after all this time, but what are the chances of that?

K is starting to test her limits more and more these days. She has been drawing with her crayons on our sliding doors and our leather couch. It's a good thing she chose to drawn on things that can be wiped off! She has a little hissy fit when we take the crayons away from her, but gets over it again.
Last Friday I came home after work with a cheapie dolly stroller that she can take to the park and can get trashed without me caring about it. When I came in, DH told me that she'd been a naughty girl that day and had pinched a little friend and made him cry. Then when our nanny told her that she'd hurt her friend and she wasn't to pinch people, she went over and pinched his friend. She was so excited to see the stroller, and had a bit of a tantrum when I told her that she'd been a bad girl and wasn't getting it to play with that night. If she'd be good at their birthday party the next day, she could have it then. Of course she kept right on crying, but we didn't cave in. All evening, she'd point at the stroller on the sideboard and say "K, das da" (K that there) and "K Puppenwagen" (K doll stroller).

Luckily, she can be so cute at other times that it makes up for the bad behaviour and the early morning wakeups that are becoming more frequent. A couple weeks ago, she gave me my first compliment: "Mama huebscher Pullover" (pretty sweater Mama), and tonight she told me "Mama huebsche Brille" (pretty glasses Mama). When DH told her I was sad that she didn't want to eat the bitter gourd with egg, mushroom and shrimp that I made especially for her (she loved it a few months back the last time I made it), she said "Mama besser kuessen" (kiss Mama better) and proceeded to give me a kiss to make me not sad any more.

I've got a telephone consult with the RE May 7th to come up with the plan for our final FET. They had a few other dates around then to go in person, but I'm working all those days and would rather pay a $50 extra telephone consult fee than not get paid for a half day's work. Hopefully I'll be able to concentrate on the call when it comes through! I'll have to start thinking of a bunch of questions for him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

K sounds so much like our Emma! She can be so happy one minute and on the floor, flailing around the next! She, too, loves her doll stroller, and it is one of the first things we take away as punishment. It's sweet to hear her starting to feel emotions and expressing them to you (especially when it results in a compliment for mommy).

Keep us posted on your doctors appointments. Hoping to hear good news in the near future.

Geohde said...

Again, I am so very sorry. I miscarried twice on the bog at work on busy cover shifts and my god but it is an awful thing, even if over neatly.

xx

g

Kate said...

Geohde - I was just lucky it was Easter Friday so I had the day off.