Today we finally sort of saw Kara crawl. My Dad was visiting, and I had her sitting on her playmat near him while I went into the kitchen to make her dinner. Next thing you know, my Dad's telling me she's finally crawling. And I missed it! He mostly missed it too actually, since she'd been patting his pant leg while he was on his computer, and next thing he knew he looked up and she was a ways across the mat, apparently trying to head towards me. When I poked my head back in, she was still rocking on all fours, but not really moving forwards any more.
A little later on I did manage to see her moving a little bit forwards on all fours, so I guess she's finally officially crawling! It's a big day, because dinner was also chopped up table food left over from our dinner last night (chicken, zucchini, rice), rather than pureed baby food. I guess we're soon going to have to stop eating dinner after she's in bed for the night at 8pm, and will have to make more baby-friendly foods that we can eat together with her.
Now I'm left wondering exactly how I'm supposed to start slowly weaning her. I assume that the amount of milk she drinks should slowly be decreasing, and the amount of solids she eats should be increasing. I'm just not sure how often she should be eating or drinking a bottle. Must start doing some more research on that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Woohoo! She'll be into everything soon enough! I really relish M crawling up to me cause he wants me to hold him. It's great... until I have to get stuff done and he crawls up to me every time I put him down. Oh well, that's part of the deal I guess.
A big accomplishment for Kara. Now she'll be all around and in every corner. Next, she'll be walking.
YEA!.....She must be a studier and thinker before taking the leap....in this case the crawl! Don't you wonder what goes on in their little minds?...."I think I can, I think I can....." LOL Pretty soon you'll long for the days that she wasn't so mobile.....Now the challenge to stay up with her begins!
Yeah K!!! Hope you started baby proofing! =))
Go Kara! I'm still trying to decide if crawling is a skill for good or evil. It's exhausting chasing after Noah and making sure he doesn't find/eat anything he shouldn't! The days of putting him on the floor and finding him in the same spot 5 minutes later were pretty nice!
Go Kara go! I'm wondering about the weaning stuff too... I'll be interested in what you do!
Post a Comment