Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My furnace is dying

Great news, isn't it? We're getting 3 quotes to replace it, but I'm guessing this'll be $5000 I wasn't all set to spend this winter. Our old furnace has been making weird noises for a while, and you jut can't get the replacement part any more. Please pray this one holds out till we install a new one!
Our nanny says she can tell when K's saying "tata" for Tita (aunty in Philipino) vs "dada" for DH. I'm not so sure yet, but I guess she could be right. K also finally figured out how to drink from the business end of a sippy cup last Friday, rather than sucking on the bottom like she did previously. She even tried to drink out of a normal cup in her bath last night.
She's growing up so fast!

4 comments:

Victoria said...

Everytime we think we have money to save, something else pops up and we have to spend again. I hope K is really talking.

Anonymous said...

Yuck, and you are in Canada, right? So I'm guessing its cold. What a headache! I'm impressed with Miss K's talking. E is still lagging, that's for sure.

Aisha said...

Our furnace is on the fritz too- we had money alloted for other things we've been meaning to fix but now notn sure what we'll do. Sigh. Feel your pain!

one-hit_wonder said...

Fun to have talking babies! Way to go, K!