Monday, December 13, 2010

Please let vacation not change our baby's sleep habits

We're heading off to Europe for two weeks, and we're terrified our good sleeper will be gone for good. I sure hope not! I'll keep you posted on how the plane ride and jet lag go at 9 months.
K started really clapping with open hands last week - it's very cute. She gets up on hands an knees with one foot still under her and tries to get to things, but still hasn't figured out crawling. She can get the foot out from under her, but then more collapses on her belly. She's slowly figuring out how to lift her feet one at a time to walk while holding onto your fingers.
At the developmental ped visit that was part of the flu shot study I took part in while pregnant, she was above average in all areas, which was a relief since it seems all other babies are crawling but her (at least in blogland).
K can now say "up", has said dada, and has all but stopped saying mama. I don't think any of that had meant something specific.

5 comments:

Eileen said...

Have a fantabulous vacation! Super curious to hear how the trip, long flight and sleep routine go because we are taking the twins to China in May and they will be around your daughter's age then! Can't wait to hear about your travels too! How fun!!!

Victoria said...

My sister's children routine get messed up while away, but they fall right back in their routine once they get back home.

Have fun.

Once Upon A Time said...

Have fun in Europe! Hoping you have a smooth trip especially with a baby in tow.

Amanda said...

I hope it doesn't mess things up too much. If her sleep routine gets really out of wack, I'd blame it development and not the trip.

Michael didn't start a "true" crawl until the other day. I think almost everything is normal when it comes to hitting milestones, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Besides, the quicker they hit milestones, the older they are, and I want mine to stay a baby a little longer.

(And, this is hooey, but the day care teacher thinks Michael was late to do a true crawl because he's cloth diapered. Again, hooey. Babies develop at their own pace. My coworkers kid was cloth diapered and walking at 9 months and day time potty trained at 14 months.)

one-hit_wonder said...

have a good vacation!

i did get your e-mail, btw, but just haven't had time yet to reply!