Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Here's the latest photo of our cutie. She's now 8.48kg, or about 18lb10oz. She's getting big! She's now getting up on one knee, with her foot still under her, and rocking back and forth, trying to get to things. I'm sure she's days from crawling.
Yesterday she tried salmon with broccoli, potato, milk and cheddar cheese for the first time, which was the first thing I made from one of my baby recipe books. She was much more interested in it tonight than she was on first exposure. I guess I'm going to have to start getting more creative with her meals now. I have no idea how I'm supposed to be changing up the milk/food ratio and timing now that she's getting older, so hopefully I'll have some time to figure that out sometime soon.

12 comments:

Shelly said...

It won't be long and you will be chasing her! Enjoy this phase as long as you can!

Amanda said...

Cute!

Anonymous said...

she is darling!

Aisha said...

Lovely picture!!! :)

I wonder too about milk-food ratio- but what you made her is making ME hungry!!! LOL

Dandle Dreams said...

Sounds like you might have a little foodie on your hands. Perhaps some roast duck with orange sauce tonight?

Jill M. said...

Oh, she's be crawling in no time!!! Get some sleep mama, you're going to need your energy! ;-) We're right behind you.

kayjay said...

Aw! So cute! My girls are not yet crawling although rolling around everywhere. It sounds like K is much closer than my two.

If it helps - I feed the girls 3 meals a day (breakfast, lunch & dinner) and I nurse them in the mornings right after getting up, mid morning as a "snack" and then mid afternoon as another snack. I give them a bottle before dinner because they go to bed so early there really isn't time between dinner and bed and I want to make sure they drank their milk so milk first then dinner. I was surprised to find they would eat the same amount at dinner even when I fed them milk first (I used to try to give them a bottle after which they would not take most of the time). I'm sure whatever you decide, you'll figure it out. Good luck!

Springroll said...

Eeks - I've been terrible at keeping up with my reading. I had massive computer problems...tried to Windows 7 update disk, which crashed my system...and I lost everything. Sigh. Luckily DH had Mason's photos on a jump stick. Been pulling out my hair...'nuf said...
Anyhoo - your little girl is so, so, so beautiful! I am so jealous of your cooking skills - where do you find the time to make her her food?? I'm at home and I still feed Mason out of a jar!!! I'm impressed that you are exposing her to so many wonderful things - this will translate into such good eating habits!
If I don't comment again, I hope you and DH and K have an amazing Christmas filled with more joy and happiness than your hearts can hold...

Springroll said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Once Upon A Time said...

So adorable!
Not sure exactly what you are doing, but this is what we do approximately:
7 am bottle
8:00 am breakfast (fruit puree+cereal/oatmeal) then finger food like pancake bits
11 am bottle
12:00 lunch (protein+vegie puree)then finger foods like cooked veggies
3 pm bottle
4 pm snack with other daycare kids
5 pm dinner (yogurt+ fruit or veggie right now) then finger foods from our dinner
6:30 bedtime bottle

We have our 9 month appt next week and I plan to ask how we should transition to more table food and less pureed food while still keeping their intake up (since you know weight gain has always been an issue for us) because I know that between 9 months and 12 months you phase out purees and drop the formula amounts...

Anonymous said...

omg! so cute!! i loved that phase when they were *almost* crawling. they were sooo cute.

wow! salmon! i'm impressed. i have not been that adventurous yet!

one-hit_wonder said...

beautiful girl!

you're wondering about being creative with her food. have you heard of baby-led weaning? i'm doing that with ninja and it means that - from the time she began solids - she eats what i eat. no purees or specially prepared foods. it's been great. ninja is totally in charge of what she eats - and she eats the craziest things!

as for food-milk ratio, breastmilk and/or formula is the main source of nutrition for babies up 'til 1 year of age. food is just for learning, still. that's what i've read and heard from the public health nurses, anyway!

hope that helps! was just thinking earlier that, if you're on facebook, you should add me!