Monday, November 8, 2010

We have a wave!

We think K started waving yesterday - it was very sweet.
She has also started pressing her lips together to reuse food when she doesn't like the taste, and will open again when it's a spoonful of someting she likes like yogurt. It's kind of funny.
She frequently wakes up lying on her tummy in bed, lying crosswise with her head pressing up against the slats. I'm just glad she's getting more tummy time and hope her lopsided head will round out more.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute!!!! FYI - Sugar had a lopsided head - she was squished way at the top of my uterus - and it is starting to round out and the hair is almost all grown around that spot. We did tons of tummy time but truthfully the only thing that seemed to make a difference is when she started sleeping on her tummy - by herself, which freaked me out on another level - but it seems to be coming along nicely.

Thanks for your story about your FIL. That is me all over - DH's parents probably think I have multiple personalities, but honestly, how do they expect a full time att.orney with 8 month old twins to act????? Right!!???!!!!

Our babes are sort of waving - DH taught them how to "show us their fingers". So cute.

Jules a.k.a. Julie said...

How exciting! I can't believe she's 7 months already! Wow! Time really flies! She's adorable, btw!

Dandle Dreams said...

So cute. Does she wave hello or wave goodbye?

Victoria said...

Must be a happy, funny moment. Post a picture with the wave.

Hundreds of years ago, when my son clapped for the first time, I was soooo happy seeing him playing with his hands and hearing the sounds. I took pictures of him clapping.

Aisha said...

Isn't it amazing how they change!?

I'm having issues with the lopsided head too- same as Lisa's sugar, W was squished and he seems to turn to the right and hates turning to the left. He is ALWAYS on his tummy but its still that way- my doc has him going to physical therapy but I dont know how much this helps. Did you consider doing that? I feel like its a waste of time but I dont know. . .

Amanda said...

Michael has a bit of a lopsided head too. I figure it will round out with time but sooner is better than later.

Lisa said...

It's funny how the simplest things, like a wave of the hand, can completely melt our hearts and totally delight us!

I'm with meinsideout, since Noah started sleeping on his tummy, his head has started rounding out and his bald spot started filling in again. I'm sure eventually it will take care of itself.

You asked me about formula the other day. What I've done is mixed about 2.5oz formula with 3oz BM. Luckily, Noah hasn't complained one bit and drinks it like a champ. I however think it smells and tastes disgusting (oh yes, I try everything I put in him), so if either of us is more leery of completely transitioning at this point, it's me! I kind of doubt he would drink it straight though. BM is so sweet, and this stuff tastes like metal. Yuck. I hope that if/when you choose to try it, that K cooperates! At this point, I'm fine with the pumping routine I have, and I'm only falling about 2-4oz short of his demand per day, so supplementing a little formula is just necessary now. Oh well!

Springroll said...

Okay, is it me or do you find yourself screaming inside your head "Time - slow down!!" Our babies are growing up, Kate. Sigh. Oh, and I forgot to tell you how squeezably adorable she looked in her Halloween costume!!

Once Upon A Time said...

I can't wait until my two wave. :) Sam's head used to be pretty badly lopsided- but now that he's a tummy sleeper and sitting and crawling, it has pretty much disappeared. We have been going to PT monthly, but we should be released after next weeks appointment. What does your pedi think about it? Has PT ever been mentioned to you?