Saturday, October 30, 2010

Hallowe'en 2010


I ended up going out to get K a costume at the last minute, since our nanny wanted to take her to a couple Hallowe'en parties this week. I figured if I could get something cheap and relatively comfy, we'd be set, and came across this one at Value Village for $4.99. Even better, I found a Gro.bag for $9.99. And we'd just gotten 3 from Ebay in the UK for quite a bit more.
The first party they went to, K was so excited at the start that she ended up sleeping through our nanny's beloved "circle time". Our nanny was crushed. The second party she managed to stay awake for though. I'm just grateful that our nanny enjoys taking her out and showing her off, and seemed so proud to see how cute she looked in her costume.
Tita (what we call our nanny) also reported this week that K has started clapping at circle time. We haven't seen her do it yet ourselves though. And she's working with K on rolling over and spending more time on her tummy, by holding a toy out K wants just out of reach and encouraging her to roll over on her tummy by herself. She flips out if she's put on her tummy by us, but is much better when she gets there herself. And then quickly rolls back over onto her back.
Daytime naps are pretty crummy these days, as she only gets about 3 35 minute naps in. We can't complain too much, since she slept a record 13 hours last night. The usual is more like 11.5 hours. I think we're going to start playing around with her daytime schedule a little more to see if we can make naps more regular and separate bottles from solids. Right now I think our nanny is so focused on getting out to drop-ins that naps are not the priority.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super cute!!!! I will post some of mine later - love it!

Kate said...

Oh my goodness, how adorable!
Seriously now, could anything be cuter? I think not.


Every time I start to feel impatient I think of you-- the fear early on that things might end early, and then, finally, your long haul post-due date (ironic to say the least)- I don't have a leg to stand on being impatient.

I realized my impatience is as I said in my blog yesterday, just wanting to get away from the fear that something bad might happen between now and birth. I hate IF, really, truly, madly and deeply.

Right now just sofa and raspberry tea.

xox
kate

Amanda said...

Very cute! I can't believe you got that for only 4.99!

Jill M. said...

Oh so cute!! Love the little bunny girl!

Springroll said...

Oh man, you could just eat her up!!

Anonymous said...

That's a really cute costume, and even cuter since you got it at such a great price. Probably pays to wait until the last minute. And it sounds like you have a great, loving nanny.

Once Upon A Time said...

What a cutie! Love it (and the price)!

Victoria said...

Cute bunny costume. Your nanny seems like a wonderful person who loves your daughter very much.

one-hit_wonder said...

i was going to e-mail you about the nap thing, actually! ninja had the same issue - micronaps - and i found something that seems to help her. 2 minutes before she normally awakens, i jiggle the mattress just enough so that she stirs. then i soothe her back to sleep. at first she howled a bit but now she just looks at me and then closes her eyes again. 8 or 9 times out of 10, she sleeps for another 20-60 minutes. IT IS GREAT. it seemed counter-intuitive to wake a baby up to get her to sleep longer but it's working for now. maybe it would help your little one?

Unknown said...

cute baby... what his/her name??

Dandle Dreams said...

Oh she is adorable as a little bunny. You are so lucky to have such a dedicated nanny.