Thursday, October 7, 2010

She's learning fast

On Tuesday, I came home to find out that K had also started saying "bababa" (sort of sounds a little like "papa"), "lalala", and "aiaiai". I can't say I've personally heard much more than "mamama" still, but I'm sure she'll start babbling a whole bunch more stuff soon.
She definitely knows what she wants now. Yesterday I was using a pair of scissors to trim some threads on a pair of her pants, and had her sitting on the floor in front of me. She kept on reaching for the scissors, and started to grunt and then cry because I wouldn't give them to her.
K also learned how to drink water out of a sippy cup yesterday. Clever girl!
Her cold is slowly getting better. I've been to scared to siction her nose out well since I tried it Tues night and caused the longest-lasting hissy fit ever. She screamed for at least 10 min inconsolably after I did it. After that I didn't have the heart to torture her when she can mouth-breathe just fine.

3 comments:

Jules a.k.a. Julie said...

So glad she's feeling better! And what learning with the language development and drinking out of a sippy cup is a big accomplishment! Yay!

(sorry about the suction trauma... I've only suctioned Evan's nose once and he didn't seem to mind but I dread the day I have to do it again for fear of a similar reaction to Kara's!)

Jill M. said...

I bet the babbling is so cute! I've had to use the suction bulb on Ty a few times and I'd say he's with K on it that it's an evil evil tool. Glad she's feeling better!

Dandle Dreams said...

Drinking out of a sippy cup already? She is progressing quickly. Glad to hear she's feeling a bit better.