Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sick baby :(

K has gotten her first cold. Poor thing has a constantly dripping nose, and a bit of a cough. She's hardly napped all day, and isn't particularly interested in playing. She cries every time we wipe her nose, and struggles a bit to eat and drink because she's close to dependant on mouth-breathing. I hope she feels better soon! Bet she got it from one of the activities with other kids that our nanny took her to. It probably also explains why she was restless and kept waking briefly last night.
In other news, our nanny reported on Friday that she noticed her own shadow for the first time while they were at the park. And this morning after getting up, she said "baba" for the first time. Hopefully "papa" will come soon so DH doesn't feel left out.
We had a bit of nanny stress last week where we thought she might quit on us because she was feeling overwhelmed by our expectations, but we seem to have ironed out that problem now. I sure hope Tita stays with us.
I pray K's cold goes away soon. There's not much we can do to fix her runny nose...

8 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm glad to hear you sorted everything out with Tita. It's important to take care of stuff like that quickly so resentment doesn't set in.
If K ends up with a goopy nose and not just running clear, get the nasal aspirator made by Hydrasense. It's essentially a bulb nasal aspirator with a flex-hose on the bulb end and a mouthpiece on the end of that for the parent to suck those boogies out. I feel quite neanderthal-like when I use it on the boys but it clears them right out! It even comes with sterile saline solution to soften any thick, crusty mucus. Gross but totally necessary for those fall/winter colds.

Amanda said...

Colds are tough. I hope she gets over it quickly. Do you have a nose sucker like a NoseFrida? M doesn't like it, but it does a great job of really cleaning him out when he's congested.

Jill M. said...

Oh, poor K! I dread the first time Ty gets sick! Hope she gets to feeling better very soon!

kayjay said...

Ugh - so sorry to hear that K has her first cold. It is inevitable but not desirable all at the same time. Poor thing. I'm glad you got your nanny stuff ironed out as it is so hard to hire a good person to help you out these days. Hope K feels better soon!

Lisa said...

Feel better soon Kara!

Victoria said...

Hope the cold goes away and tat K will get better soon.

Phew! Glad you don't have to worry about a new nanny.

Tiffanie said...

Boo for sick babies:( my little guy (born in feb) has been pretty lucky so far. Hope she gets better soon.

Anonymous said...

Poor baby! I hope she feels better soon. I second the nosefrida. Birdie hates hates hates it, but it works (when we can hold her down and use it).