I thought I heard K say "mama" once yesterday (obviously not meaning me yet). Today she kept on saying "mamamama". It was pretty cute!
K is sleeping really well at night these days. She goes down around 8:30pm or so, and generally sleeps about 12-13 hours, sometimes waking briefly once or twice, other times sleepig right through. She has full bottles around 9:30 and 12:30, cereal with fruit and half a bottle around 3:30, and then another full botle around 6:00. Her final meal is around 8:00, with veggies and/or fruit plus a half bottle milk. She's so impatient about eating, even crying and pounding on the high chair tray if you don't get the food going fast enough. She'll also cry while you're getting her changed for bed before giving her her final bottle. Tonight, tears were dripping down her face before I gave it to her. And then she started to fall asleep after drinking most of it.
Tomorrow is our belated 6 month doctor's appointment and shots. I hope they're not too painful.
I'm down to 7 pumps a day now, and production seems to be almost what it was before. I'm only getting up once a night now, though I get up earlier to do half a pump before driving to work (and finishing it off in the car). I'm not sure what I'll cut back next, or when, but the added flexibility I've got now is nice. If only my nipples would stop being so tender, life would be great!

8 comments:
Awwww, that is so cute, I can't wait to hear "mama"! I bet it just melts your heart! Tyler does the same thing when he's hungry... he just screams and I'm like, geesh, give me 1 min to prepare, that's all I ask. So impatient these little ones. Love the smile! Tyler has Sophie too.
We've got some dadadadas over here, no Mmmm sounds at all yet.
I don't have time to blog about it yet, but the pump thing has become quite an ordeal. I'm on my 2nd replacement pump already! But I will say that when I got the first, I really felt a difference that was at least as good as when I have the ac adapter plugged in or better. So if you notice an improvement with the ac adapter, I'd try to get my pump switched out if I were you.
hey, we have sophie, too! :)
soo cute!! our kiddos are saying dada and our little guy is making mmmm sounds so he is close!
I am going to do a separate post eventually on pumping, etc. but I will say that I am feeling like my *old* self again - that is the person I was before IF, miscarriages, etc. and it is feeling pretty damn good.
Maybe "mama" is you. Claim it.
She's so beautiful, Kate, and after my struggles with bf, I really, really, really admire your determination making it six months with the pumpting and all. She's at a fun age now and it only gets better from here!
Love that smile!
Look at the cheeks on her!! So cute!! Aren't they a fun age right now? And OF COURSE she knows that "mama" is YOU!! Sounds like she loves her food and that's good :). Already a foodie at such a young age!
Post a Comment