K's got her third cold of the season right now, with the lovely runny nose. She hates having her nose wiped and screamed bloody murder the last time I tried to use the snot sucker on her, so I mostly just let it drip. We weighted her yesterday on her 8 month birthday, and got 7.99kg (17lb9oz), which is right on the 50th percentile according to the WHO. We think she's about 69.5cm long.
All in all, she's a lovely baby. After my brother and his family of three kids (ages 1 1/4 years to 4 1/2 years) left from spending the night with us on Sat, we started thinking (or rather I started agreeing) that one child isn't bad. His family was total chaos, and the two younger kids were awful sleepers. K slept and napped through their loudness, which totally impressed us. I think it could take a while to work up to trying again...

6 comments:
cutie!
What a cutie pie and look at those chubby cheeks!!
I completely agree that 3 kids is complete chaos. There's always something going on or someone making noise of some sort. Most people who come to our house who don't have 3 young kids like us can't wait to leave! LOL
Choosing to have one child is great! Working in a childcare centre for years before having Shaun I looked after many one-child families and for the most part, those children were the ones who were the best behaved; the smartest, and most polite and; the ones who got along the best with the younger group of children. More than one child is great but like marriage (and McDonald's, and a motorcycle), it's certainly not for everyone.
Enjoy one child! She's perfect!
Awe...I love keeping up with you and your cutie pie! Hard to believe....8 months old. Where did the time go?
Wow, 8 months, seriously? She's definitely adorable! Ty just started reaching up when he wants picked up, it's so sweet isn't it! Sorry to hear about all the colds, that does not sound like fun at all! Ty screams bloody murder when I try to suction out a booger, so I totally know what you mean.
Ya know, I'm more ok with 1 now than I ever have been. I was sad at the thought of only 1 before Ty, now I think I would be ok. They are so precious but definitely a lot of work as well.
What a cute picture. I hope she gets a break from colds for a while- poor baby.
Aw look at that smile!!! I hate it when they get sick :( I wish anything that it could not be the case but what can you do? :( Can't believe she's already 8 months old!
Post a Comment