Friday, December 31, 2010

Found it! And Happy New Year!

I spent most of the morning in a continued panic at work. Went in early to search, and couldn't find it in either of the rooms I'd been working in yesterday. Asked around at the OR desk and the cleaning people, and no one had seen it. I called Medela to find out about a replacement, but it wouldn't have gotten to me till mid next week. The baby stores nearby that carry a lot of Medela stuff were both closed.

And then I decided to go check in the back storage room the respiratory therapists use. Nothing on the desk. Hm. And I looked down at the power bar, and what did I see? My adaptor! It was plugged in to charge one of the pieces of hospital equipment! It's been a long time since I was so insanely happy to see something - I was literally jumping for joy. I think I'm weird.

Thank God! And thanks to one of the ladies who man the OR desk who said she'd pray to St. Anthony for me. :)

In K news, she crawled a couple steps backwards yesterday. And today DH said she actually took a couple steps forward on her own with him holding her up, rather than needing one of us to really swing her from side to side to get her to take a step.

2011 will have to try very hard to beat 2010. What with a new house, new car, and our long-awaited baby, I can't think of anything that could top that (unless maybe we got pg with number 2 on our own!).
And here (finally) are a couple Christmas shots of K:

5 comments:

Aisha said...

Congrats on finding it! And indeed 2010 was good to both of us wasn't it? Hoping 2011 continues smooth sails for us both. Love to the cutie! Happy New Years!

Michelle said...

Yay!! I've been thinking about your pump adaptor. So glad you were able to find it. :)

Kara's starting to get quite the personality in her pictures. Her wrinkled nose in her smile is just so cute.

Lisa said...

So glad you found it! Kara looked very sweet in her Christmas dress. Happy New Year Kate!

Dandle Dreams said...

Glad that you found the sneaky little thing. Little K looks adorable all dressed up.

Speaking of pumps, when you have a moment, I would love some advice about pumping as a working mother, especially considering the lengths that you went to to manage this. Would you recommend the Frees.tyle to others?

Scranton Snow Removal said...

Thiss is a great blog