Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year

Half an hour to go, and it looks like I will be up at midnight to drink my sparkling juice and toast in 2010 with DH. I'm most grateful to be pg and to have made my goal of no baby before 2010, since I'll be 31 weeks tomorrow and in a much safer zone. I think sometime in the 31st week you go from being very preterm to just preterm if you're born, and I would be able to deal with that. I'm still praying I'll make it to 37 weeks, but it's such a relief to be past the worst of it all.
My sore throat is better today, though I've managed to pull a lower right abdominal muscle with my little coughing spells. And my back is starting to get stiffer - I'm not sure if I'm just sitting funny, or if it's the increasing belly weight pulling on my back and ribcage and making me more uncomfortable.
2010 is going to be a big big year: new baby (God willing), new house, new car. And I'll be keeping my old job and my old DH, which are both fantastic.
And now I'd better get back to the sorting and tossing in preparation for the move. Hope 2010 treats all of us well!

3 comments:

Jill M. said...

I'm going to bet that you'll be overdue!!! =)))

Happy New Year!!!

IF Optimist, then... said...

Happy New Year! So glad that you have hit 2010 and are getting farther and farther down the path to a healthy and save delivery date. I wish to you all the best in this New Year and good luck with the move.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Kate! I think you will be making it to at least 37 weeks!

- Chris