I'm getting desperately frustrated with this house stuff. I finally heard from our agent today, and she had not heard back from the seller's agent or his office. The second contractor hasn't been in touch since Monday (today was when he was going to try to go by again). Somehow I'm guessing that he won't have gotten in, and we'll be left tomorrow with no second offer to compare the first one to.
At this point, we have no hope in hell of getting any other name and then getting them into the house far enough in advance to enable us to get this done before baby. Looks like we'll decide tomorrow to go with contractor #1. Might end up telling him that we'd like to try to keep it around our $25000 budget (he'd quoted around $29000), and whether we'll be able to work with him to figure out any ways that we'll be able to pare back the price a little. I must talk to our designer tomorrow about this after I've tried contacting contractor #2 and then our real estate agent to see if she's had any success. I get the feeling that she didn't pursue the other agent's office too forcefully to get anything worked out, which makes me regret that I didn't call her again yesterday to bug her. And regret (again) that I somehow inadvertently pissed the seller off.
The good news for the day is that we're 28 weeks tomorrow, the babe was very very active today with lots of reassuring kicks, and we managed to get Ama.zon to refund us $51 on a DVD box set that was on for a one day sale today, and that we purchased for $51 more all of 6 days ago for my SIL for Christmas. All I did was call and explain that I'd just bought it, the price had fallen significantly, and we'd been wondering if they had any sort of price match policy in a situation like this. Without further ado, she checked out the price difference, and said as a one-time deal, she'd refund us the difference. At least my day ended on a happy note in that respect!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Ugh on the house stuff! At least the one contractor got to give you the estimate before the seller became un-friendly! Yay, yay, yay on 28 weeks. That's awesome! (And good for Amazon on the price refund!)
Thanks, Kate, for your reassuring words on my blog. I appreciate your continued support and wisdom. Invaluable!
Good news on 28 weeks!
Much empathy on the basement renos: we're still in the throes of the same kind of mess.
Post a Comment