Friday, March 13, 2009

Taking the jump to IVF

We had our consult with Dr H just over a week ago, and loved him. He had a really nice, easygoing manner, was very up front and open, and just felt like someone you could trust and who would be involved. They asked when I'd next be expecting AF, and then said if she shows in 2-3 weeks time, we could target April 27th for retrieval.
Of course I've now reorganized my call schedule, made arrangements at work, gotten all excited, and had a week of mid-cycle spotting + EWCM that's still going, and no sign of a temp rise to indicate that I O'd. I think I need to O this weekend, or I'll be too late getting CD1 to spend 2 weeks on the pill before starting stims. I'm going to go scan myself tonight to see what's going on with the ovaries, and if there's something reasonable-sized there, I think I'll give myself an HCG trigger shot to get things moving. If that doesn't work, I'll give them a call tomorrow to try to get things sorted out for some provera to bring on AF.
Dr H is planning an antagonist protocol with progesterone/estrogen/HCG post-retrieval support, which I'm very happy about. I sure hope this works!

2 comments:

one-hit_wonder said...

Good luck! Sounds as though we'll be cycling around the same time with Dr. H, as I'm still waiting for af to show.

Michelle said...

Wow, I sure hope this works for you too!! I found your blog through Elisabeth at falsehopesbrokendreams.

Michelle from BBC