Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I'll be back on the pill tomorrow!

Who would have thought that an infertile would be glad to go back on the pill for the first time in over 3.5 years?

I'm so glad that I got in touch with Dr H on Friday, because when I went in for the testing yesterday, this was the response I got back from my nurse:

Ultrasound –
Right – 15 + antral follicles – one measuring 1.2cm
Left – 15 + antral follicles
Lining 0.64

Blood work –
Estradiol – 208
LH – 11.9
Progesterone – 3.62
FSH – 5.8

The above results look like your body is “stuck” on “day 3”. This means that provera will not work, it’s inappropriate. What we can do is start the Marvelon in the coming days (Thursday morning) and I can make the schedule of dates from there.


So wahoo, my totally screwed up body has managed to screw up yet again in a way that's hopefully kind of helpful. If I'd been close to ovulation, I wouldn't have been able to take provera or the pill, and then I'd have been completely up shit creek. As it is, I'll just be on the pill about a week longer than I expected, and life ought to be grand. I just hope the extra week doesn't oversuppress me. Now I'm anxiously awaiting my schedule of dates.

They somehow forgot that we had karyotyping done already (came back normal last week, thank God) since they didn't have our results on file, so I arrived to find reqs for those for each of us. DH will be really happy that he doesn't need to do more bloodwork (it's a good thing he's the male partner in this, given his attitude toward bloodwork, tests, supplements/meds etc), because they said they just need a copy of our recent results. I shelled out $95 for the Anti-Muellerian Hormone test (that req was missing, so I'm glad I remembered to ask for it and don't need to go back for a second poke in the arm).

My repeat (3rd - oh joy) sonohysterogram is now booked for next Thursday at 1pm, and we've got our follow-up appointment with Dr H at 3:30pm. So he should have the SHG results by then too. It all seems to be falling into place - let's hope it's a good omen.

3 comments:

one-hit_wonder said...

Yeah, you and me both! Scary timing!

Victoria said...

You're preparing to be fertile and it's taking a while. Let's hope that you'l only have to do a single IVF to get your fertile body on the move.
Thanks for your encouragement.

one-hit_wonder said...

Hi!

Thanks ever so much for the comments on my blog, especially your advice on the 'changing' thing. Skirts -> brilliant idea. DH thought so, too, and he says thanks to you for helping me out, since I was really upset that day. I'm not actually all that modest (despite how I grew up), but for some reason, changing in front of the lab tech is something that really gets to me.

I'm doing the long Lupron protocol again, since it worked fine last time, except I overresponded. So the Puregon dosage will be dropped accordingly. 125 is the start.And I will go in for monitoring before the fifth day of stims, to ensure that all is well.

(Oh, and I soooo do not care about what the lab techs think about my leg fuzz! I care more about what DH thinks about that! hahaha)