Monday, March 30, 2009

Does anyone have a gun?

I want to shoot our upstairs neighbour's dog! It keeps on barking intermittently today as I'm trying to study (maybe I should be grateful it's helping to keep me awake?). It spent a good 2 hours barking nonstop from about 10:30pm till after midnight on Friday. I went to bed with a sleeping pill and earplugs.
I've left a message for the management office complaining about it. Our building's leases specify no pets, but it's a pretty pet-friendly place anyhow. They posted a notice a while back about nontolerance for bad pets though - I think this stupid dog counts!
Other than that, not much new here. Cruising along on the pill. Eager for next Tuesday evening to be here. And then next Wed I have an endometrial biopsy at 8am AND a long-overdue dentist appointment at 11am. I guess if I have any fillings that need doing, I may as well do them before the IVF really gets underway.

2 comments:

one-hit_wonder said...

I say definitely take action on the issue. I had the exact same problem a year ago: our landlady, who lived above us, got a brand-new puppy. I was finishing up my master's coursework, and needless to say was inundated with barking from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. I was furious. Couldn't do any work, and I needed to maintain a 90%+ average. I left a concerned note with the lady, and when she didn't respond within 2 days, I threatened to notify the city's dog bylaw people as well as the tenancy board. Then she took the dog with her (to work!) all day until we moved.

Victoria said...

What a first sentence hook? I just had to read. I was wondering if the IVF meds were driving you bunkers. Then I noticed it's your neighbour's silly dog. Yes, the dog needs to know when to shut up. My partner's daughter took her dog camping with us. The dog barked for no reason, and of course, our camp neighbour compained. Maybe your neighbor should get a dog trainer. I hope it will stay quiet soon, especially for your exam.